Nex

Dedicated to : angel639551 I miss you but this character I feel is so you, if you were a guy. Or a jerk. 

Nex

I walked into the dining hall and bowed to the room. "I apologize for being late. I was help up by unimaginably odd circumstances." I heard a gasp come from the table and looked up to see a girl with deep black hair and soft pale skin. Ah, the princess. I couldn't see her face but I could tell she must look like a princess.

" And you are?," the king questioned, staring at me.

" I am Prince Nex, your grace. I have come to fight for the hand of your daughter ,Princess Raven."

"Rise young black wing.",this time the voice was the queen and she did look lovely. Not as lovely as the witch. She was a true sight, my mind whispered. I brushed the thought off and took the last remaining seat, right next to the princess.

"Good afternoon, princess." I whispered in greeting to her. She nodded her head and said in a low voice as small, "Hi." but didn't look at me. She didn't seem to have any fire to her. Not like the witch. No I would not think about her. She was not a good person. No witch was, no matter how beautiful she was or how charming. I would not say that she didn't have my heart racing but that could have just been because of the proximity and the fight. Not her beauty.

"Raven," the king scolded, " would you please lift your head so that everyone can see your face?" She brought her face up to look at him through her lashes and the she got up and bowed to her father.

"With all due respect father I would rather not. I don't look all that appealing at the moment and I would hate to shame our guests."

"Nonsense. Pull your hair out of your face and act like a proper princess." He peered at her over his nose and grinned humorlessly. "Why not show these boys what you can do?"

With a new interest I looked to her. She was striding to the front of the doors so that everyone could watch her. She had a new confidence about her that clearly surprised everyone. Using her right hand she moved the dark locks out of her face and looked to the crowd. I noticed, intrigued, that she was the witch I had seen earlier. Her gaze met mine and I felt a jolt in my chest like she was telling me not to say anything to anyone about our fight.

With new eyes and a pounding heart I watched as the princess commanded the air in a current around her and pushed it around, bringing a cool breeze to the stuffy room. To say that I was mesmerized was a complete understatement. I was captivated. She was becoming flush at the power she was using and and it gave her pale skin a glow.

I could have watched her all day, but magick was not something you could use all day without a payment and using too much could kill her.Unless she was that blasted chosen one everyone thought existed.

"Princess can I speak with you?" I was saying before I even processed it.

She looked utterly startled but agreed anyways. We walked out of the dining room and as soon as the door closed she was attacking me. She had a knife drawn and it was pointed at my throat. "What do you want?"

Again I was speaking without thinking and said, "You. I want you. You're magnificent." She gave me a look that said she thought I had lost my mind. I smiled sheepishly at her, "What I mean is that you fight amazingly well for a-"

"-For a girl? Is that what you were gonna say that I fight like a girl? Well let me tell you something," she put the knife closer to my throat and I could feel the blood about to pool there. "I don't think that there is a single thing that a guy can do better than any girl."

"I know that. There used to be women running for office when humans ruled the planet. Women had as many rights as any man." I should have stopped there but I did not and I realized it too late. "Honestly, I think they would have been better off leaving the man to take on the political positions and not women."

She slapped me then. It burned and was stinging. It felt oddly good.

Idiot. Why would you say that? That was so stupid.

"You know what? I think I am going to go back into the dining room and pretend we didn't meet before just now. Okay?" She started walking away, but I didn't want that. Using my gift of water control I opened the pouch that was always at my side, full of water, and used it to block her path. She turned and glared at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? I have places to go." Again she put her arms up and whispered, "aquam tamquam Susceptor meus es passus ut pertranseat in te Belial." The water began to part but it was clear that between the two of us, I was more skilled with the element.

"Abicere eam." The hole that had been forming instantly closed and she looked at me shocked.

"What did you do?",she shook her head, unbelieving.

I used that moment to walk closer to her. Was I moving too fast? Maybe for some people ,but she would be my bride so it was okay for me to stride towards her and pull her against me. I leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Recolere, et diliget te mei erunt carissimam mihi iura. Me amabis sicut et suscepi te propitiabitur mihi."

"I will never. You will not force me to do anything that I don't consent to.", She spit in my face and, surprisingly, I didn't kiss her for that.

She had to be the realest girl that I had ever met. Other girls just pretended to sweet. She showed that she wasn't. And I loved her for it. She would make an excellent queen. I let her go back into the dining hall after a glare to me. And here I thought I was going to hate the princess..