1.

I was rudely awakened from my beautiful sleep by the sound of my iPhone ringing. I groaned as I picked up, not looking at who was calling. When I picked up I was greeted by a familiar voice.

"Hey, sis."

My heart instantly warmed at my sister's voice. I hadn't seen her in over a year, but we still kept contact over the phone and talked once a week. Those calls were what made my day.

"Hey, are you coming home soon? Those business trips are really long..." I sighed.

"Not coming home for a couple of more months.. i'm sorry sis."

I sighed, but didn't say anything. It always kept me up at night wondering what she did as a job, but she never told me. I didn't like to push my sister into telling me things but I always wondered where she went. This has been going on for years and i've asked her a few times about her work but she never gave me a direct answer, which was disappointing.

"(Name), are you there?!"

"Yes, Namika. I'm here."

It felt so strange calling my sister by her name. I always called her sis or sissy.

"Hey, I have to go but i'll call you soon," she said, before ending the call.

•••••

I put together my sandwhich and cut it in half once I was finished. I smiled in delight at my professional sandwhich. Not really.

I grabbed it and put it on top of a plate and sat down on the couch. I took bites of my sandwhich, taking in how delicious it was.

I should be a chef one day.

I'll add that to my bucket list..

Once I was finished with the sandwhich I got up and placed my plate in the sink. I then put soap on the sponge and turned on the faucet and began to wash the plate.

I washed it calmy untill I heard a noise.

Foosteps. To be specific.

I turned off the faucet and dryed my hands and I heard the footsteps and then the sound just stopped.

I slowly turned around and a man with a yellow ponytail greeted me. I immediately screamed as the man grabbed my arm and injected something to it.

I pushed him away and began to run and barely making it four steps, I slowly fell down to the ground, hitting my head.

I held my head against the ground and my vision began to blur.

I closed my eyes and the last thing I saw was the man staring down at me.