Chapter 2

So the cover of the book now is what it will be. I also can't believe I already have six reads! It may not seem like a lot but it is!!!
2

Victoria

When we get to the loading station the flight attendant was starting to close the plane.

“Wait!” My father yells.

The flight attendant turned around, and saw us just in time.

“I shouldn’t be doing this but hurry up!” she yells.

We all run aboard while giving her our tickets.

“Well that was a close one,” My dad says trying to bring light back into all of us.

“Yes it was, now hurry,” the flight attendant says after us, “the plane will be taking off soon.”

I’ve only been on a plane once and it wasn’t very long. It was to go visit my grandma on my mother’s side, who lives in Paris. I’m a little worried now because we have to go over a big ocean. I really wish I hadn’t argued with my dad, and that I was sitting by him, so I could hold his hand like I did when I was little. The worse thing is, that as soon as we get off this plane we have to board another one in Chicago to Kansas. So I get no break to breathe. As the plane starts to take off it get shaky and bumpy, the older lady besides me must have seen my stress.

“Are you okay dear?” The older woman asks me.

I glance over at her. It looks like she would have had red hair when she was younger, and she has light green coloured eyes.

“Yeah just a little nervous,” I say being as polite as possible

“Do you know what I’ve learned always helps?” she asks trying to help.

“What is it?” I ask her ready for any help.

“Talking to people, so why are you on this plane?”  She says really sincere.

“Well it’s a really long story, but I’m moving, to America.  My mom is the one who wants to, along with my brother. It’s all because of my dad cheated on my mom,”

“Oh well honey it’s not that bad over there, really that’s where I’m from, I’m going back for my sister she’s sick. It really is horrible about your dad though,” The old lady replies.

“I’m sorry, but I never asked your name?”

“Oh no honey its fine, my name is Lily, What’s your name?” Lily replies.

“My name is Victoria, I like your name it’s like from the Harry Potter books,”

“Yes exactly, me and my friends we’re so enthused with Harry Potter, I actually live with those friends,” Lily says really excited.

“It must be nice to be that close with your friends,” I say a little upset now.

“Its fine, you’ll make new friends,” she says really comforting.

“No it’s not that I never really had friends, even back home,” I say getting even more upset.

“Well let’s get off that subject if it’s making you sad. Where are you moving to, like which state?” She asks.

“I’m Moving to Kansas,” I say still a little sad about the friend’s thing.

“Oh well I’m From P.A., so I don’t know much about it but, it’s probably not that different. She replies.

I must have fallen asleep when she was talking more about her and her friends. Not because it was boring, but because I was comfortable, like when you’re at your grandmas. She made me feel safe on the plane.

When the plane lands the woman wakes me up. “Victoria, it’s time to get up, the plane is landing, and you fell asleep,”

I wake up to the woman’s soft soothing voice.

“Oh, what? Oh my gosh I’m so sorry I fell asleep on you!” I say.

“No honey, it’s fine, really. You looked tired,” She replies.

“Thanks,” I say as the plane starts to land, I start to get panicked.

“Oh no you’re fine it’s okay we’re just landing,” she says soothing me again.

“Thanks, for everything,” I say to Lily, “You’ve been a lot of help.”

“No problem, you just remind me of myself, so I thought I’d help,” She says to me.

When the plane lands I find my family, they already have my suitcase.

“Ah there you are, thought you got lost,” my dad said trying to look worried.

“Ha, Like you’d care,” I say back to him.

“Why the attitude all of a sudden?” My dad asks.

“Like you don’t know,” I say as we start walking towards our other plane.

This plane will take us straight to Wichita. It will be another hour flight.

“I really don’t know,” my father implies.

“Yes you do, I’ve been telling you for the past month and a half that I don’t want to leave, that we can solve our problems without leaving! But oh no, can’t do that, can we? Nope we have to leave!” I say as I storm off towards the plane.

My brother runs to catch up with me. “You know dad does, have a point,”

I stop him before he can say anything else. “What are you here to lecture me too?”

“No, I’m just here to tell you I agree with you, we could have solved all of our problems back home. But that’s too late now. Think of it this way you’ll get to meet new people, experience new things, come on it won’t be that bad,” My brother says trying to comfort me.

“Yeah says you, who has no problems making new friends,” I say with a little sass.

My brother sighs and walks away from me. Maybe I am over reacting but, I don’t care. I’m trying to make my point.

The Flight attendant calls our flight. This plane is small compared to the one from London. There aren’t as many people either. This time on the plane I sit next to Jeydon. I know he won’t try to comfort me on the plane like the old lady did. He seems mad at me. I don’t blame him though. I was kind of rude to him. He doesn’t say a word to me, all he does is sit there with his headphones on. I do the same thing looking out the window of the plane. It’s a really pretty view of when we take off. I’m staring out the window when the next thing I know the blind is being closed.

I look over at Jeydon “What the hell, I was looking out the window,”

“And I’m trying to sleep,” he says.

“Whatever,” I reply back to him. Slouching down.

That’s how it is the rest of the plane ride, me slouching in my seat listening to music, and Jeydon sitting next to me sleeping. When the plane starts landing I wake up Jeydon.

“Mom just five more minutes,” He says thinking we’re still at home.

“Jeydon, get up the plane is landing,” I tell him.

At this he looks at me with sleep in his eyes. He stays up. When the plane actually lands me and Jeydon, leave the plane. We find mom and dad as mom is on the phone, calling a taxi. When the taxi shows up it isn’t a normal taxi. It’s a small black car. When we get in it doesn’t smell like a taxi either. It smells like a new car. It’s hard to leave the airport. There’s tons of traffic so it takes forever. Once we actually get out of the airport, we drive along and there’s a big city. As we get closer to our new house the places get more royal. The skyscrapers turn to houses, and the houses get further apart. The houses, at first are extremely small, it worries me at first. I know that sounds wrong and selfish, but I’m not used to small houses. The houses start to get bigger, this makes me feel a little better. I feel even better when we pull into the driveway of one of the biggest houses.  At the house is an Oldish lady with a teenage boy.  They start walking towards the car.