The Bad Boy Got Me Expelled (7)

21 days

It was 5:30AM by the time I pulled up in Grayson's drive way. The whole drive home was filled with an uncomfortable silence. We sat in the car and I shut the engine off. Grayson didn't get out of the car, he sat and stared out of the window at the sun that was beginning to rise, meaning I had to be home soon.

"I-.."He sighed, putting his hands over his face, his fingers dug into his messy mop of hair. "I can explain."

I sat, awaiting his next words, I wanted to know what happened. I had to know.

"My mom and step father wanted the perfect family. I hate my step father, he's an ass. My parents aren't on the best terms and mom links me with those bad terms. In their eyes, it was better to just push me aside. " He sighed, his eyes flitted to everywhere but me. "Mom didn't want to at first, but one night when I was over their, Steven had one too many drinks I guess. He was mad. He started going off at my mom and being a little too aggressive with Scarlet for my liking. So I stepped in." He stopped, shaking his head and sighing. "Things got heated, we started fighting and mom tried to break it up, he shoved her. I got so mad, I don't know what I was thinking - I took the glass bottle from his hands and smashed it over his head." Grayson's fists were clenched, like he was still angry about what happened that night. He focused his stare at his knees.

"I guess because we had little fights before and this time I needed stitches and he was seriously hurt, they told the officers Steven was only defending himself, that my side of the story was just a lie." He ran a distressed hand through his hair, sighing loudly.

"I wasn't going to be allowed to see them anymore, they'd get what they want - me out of the picture. I'd live my life without seeing Scarlet and I missed her already. So, I picked her up from school, we went to the park and then the diner. Then, I took her home, but they'd already called the police. They didn't press charges, but it finalized the restraining order."

I let my eyes flicker over his face, taking in all his features, soaking up the little emotion he was showing. "I'm so sorry." I trailed my hand lightly over his shoulder, trying to comfort him. "It's not fair." I shook my head.

After a few moments of silently comforting Grayson, I asked. "What happened with your parents?" He shook his head.

"It's complicated - another time." I nodded, but inside I was irritated. As rude as it sounded, I was way to nosy to leave it alone.

~~~

"Violet Ainsworth! Where the hell have you been?" I shut the door behind me, cursing silently. Of course they were awake already, it was 7AM.

"I-I was at Julian's." I answered, slipping off my shoes and facing my furious parents. Mother crossed her arms and tapped her foot angrily while my father had the 'if looks could kill' thing going on.

"Do you not understand the term grounded?" My dad yelled.

My mother added." We were worried sick about you!"

"Sorry." I mumbled, all I wanted was to get some sleep.

"If it wasn't for you starting your new school on Monday, your phone would be confiscated, but you'll need it - so hear this missy; one more act like this and no more Julian!" My dad threatened, I felt my jaw drop.

"You can't be serious."

"No Julian? That's a little harsh Andy." Mother stepped in, but I knew it was only because she loved Julian.

"She has to learn Katherine!"

"You're right! I have to learn, I need to serve my punishment. I'll escort myself to my room." They called after me, but I was already hurrying up the stairs, into my room and collapsing on my bed.