Ten

HARRY'S POV

I made my way to where my car was parked and as soon as I locked myself inside, I dialed Camila's phone number, not knowing what I woult tell her or why I was calling her, really. I guess I just wanted to hear her voice, but I wasn't about to accept that, not even to myself.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Hello?," a tired female voice answered from the other end.

What was I supposed to tell her? Hey Camila, I stole your number from Louis's phone. I just wanted to hear your voice. No, that sounds kind of creepy.

"Uh- Hello?!," she said once more.

I couldn't speak, and just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, anything; the line goes dead. She hung up. Of course she did. I wanted to call her again, this time I'd be sure to talk, but quickly decided against it. She needed space and time to think and with everything that had been going on today, she surely needed some rest. I really couldn't decipher why I felt the need to be there for her, to make sure she's not breaking down and this time with no one to be there to comfort her. But she wouldn't want some stranger with her, she probably would call her best fucking friend Alex and cry on his shoulder.

Soon after I had convinced myself to let her be, and had started the engine of my car, the radio came on with one of my favorite songs, Demons by Imagine Dragons.

When the days are cold,

And the cards all fold,

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold.

When your dreams all fail,

And the ones we hail,

Are the worst of all,

And the blood's run stale,

I wanna hide the truth,

I wanna shelter you...

As the song played I felt my phone vibrate from where I had it on my lap, shocked at the name that appeared on the screen. Why was Camila calling back? Should I answer? I hesitantly answered the call, not knowing what I would tell her as to why I'd called her in the first place.

"Hey, Camila," I tried to keep my cool.

"Who's this?," she bit back.

"Uh-Harry. It's Harry Styles"

"Oh.. Hey Harry," her voice softened.

"Hi," I timidly reply, "How are you holding up?"

"I'm... holding up."

I didn't know what else to tell her, what else to ask. My words stumbled out before I could think.

"Would you- Would you like to drive around for a while?"

"Uhm... I-"

"I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to... I'm sorry for asking," I quickly cut her off before she could reject me. She was clearly going to say no.

"Actually, I think that would help me a bit. I feel like I need to get out of here," I could hear the frown that was surely shaped on her lips.

"Alright, I'm on my way." I breathed out, relieved she didn't blow me off.

"Okay... Bye," she quietly said before hanging up.

I could feel the pain behind her voice, when we spoke, she was struggling to put up a strong front. I barely knew her, but the little that I did know her was that she's not the type of person to demostrate truly how she feels inside. I figured that out when I first saw her in my bathroom, I could tell she was scared shitless for some odd reason but she tried not to show it; and now with her mother's death and her younger brother in that fragile state, she really was struggling inside, careful not to have another break down.

Within minutes I was waiting for her outside her apartment building. I quickly dialed Camila's number and told her I was already here, she said she'd be down here soon. I took in my surroundings, keeping my guard up even though I was inside my car. I just didn't feel safe being around this side of the city at this time, or at any time, I don't know how Camila would live here now on her own.

CAMI'S POV

I was flabbergasted at the fact that Harry had called me, but why didn't he say anything the first time? I really didn't mean to call him back, I just wanted to see who had called me and if I'd recognize the number but the phone called him accidentally. But I'm actually glad that it happened, even if it wasn't on purpose.

Since I woke up from my dream, I couldn't go back to sleep. I was just lying there with my eyes closed, holding onto the pillow trying to remember and capture every word my mother had told me that night many years ago.

'Darkness isn't darkness once there's light to brighten it up a bit.'

Right now, in the darkness that had engulfed my heart, I had to be that light. I don't know how, yet. But I had to be.

Harry had just called notifying me that he was outside waiting already, so I hastily changed into a big long-sleeved shirt and a pair of dark skinny jeans, and let my wavy hair down from my usual ponytail, since tonight's was a bit chilly and I tend to get ill easily. I quickly made my way out of the now not-so-familiar apartment, making sure I'd grabbed my phone and keys. I didn't feel like I belonged in that small enclosure that once sustained my whole family and now it would just be me, and my brother.

As I walked out of the apartment, I heard the engine turn on, right in front of the doors, on the street. I made my way to the familiar car and waiting for Harry to unlock the door from the inside before stepping into his car.

"Good evening," he politely says, seeming baffled by how I looked. I had my hair down, no big deal.

"Hello," I answered back.

"Uhm, you look lovely," he remarked.

"Thank you," I simply said, hoping he wouldn't make this any more uncomfortable.

"So where'd you like to go?" His eyes meeting mine.

"Just... Around.. Driving."

His eyes light up, sparkling in the dark atmosphere that surrounded us.

"I know exactly where." He said.

---

After driving aimlessly for about half an hour, "Here we are," Harry chimed proudly,

"Harry, we're at your house." I tell him in a flat tone.

"Yeah, I just came to grab a jacket for myself, relax." He tells me.

"Oh," I answer.

I really have no clue where he's taking me. Where would he take me? It's already almost 8pm. And I have no clue where my destination is or if when I get back home, I'll be able to sleep. I'm just hoping for the best as Harry exits his house with a black jacket on, and as soon as he walks towards the car, he is stopped by a car light that gets brighter by the second. A big black car with black windows pulls up next to where I am inside Harry's car on the driveway, and Harry freezes on his spot, looking back and forth between the just arrived car and his own, his expression blank.

A man around his forties steps out of the fancy car, followed by two other taller, younger men in suits. Harry's color seem to have drained from his face as he observed the man walking towards him.

Who was this man, and why did Harry seem so out of himself when he saw him?

And most importantly, why am I still in this car?

************

Vote, comment, share pleaseeee<3