Chapter 1: Argument of Love

"You must be kidding me! You're actually dating someone now?!" I yelled at my Aunt who didn't seem to want to hear this from a 15 year old boy.

    "Peter. It's my life! I get to do what I want to do! I'm the adult here!" She shouted, which scared me, especially since May is the only flower that blooms when a storm hits.

      "I just can't watch you throw your life away." I put my hands up in a sign of surrender but really it was to end this conversation with sarcasm.

      "That's a little overdramatic, even for you, Peter!" She yelled. I've never seen her like this. Maybe it's because I've never yelled at her before.

      "I don't want you to go out with this guy Aunt May. I just want it to be me and you. I don't want anyone else here." I looked at the ground and blinked back tears.

      "Oh Pete." She hugged me and continued with a reasonable speech.

      "I want you to know that I love you no matter what. No matter who I date, talk to, live with! You'll always be my number one." She smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

     She left my room and my fake smile dropped. I flopped on the bed and sighed.

I don't know who this guy is, let alone his name. I've never seen a picture of him yet Aunt May seems to like him a lot. Maybe he's rich, and maybe that's why she's drawn to him. But Aunt May always seems to be drawn towards men who treat her well, and men that she likes a lot. I'm not too worried about whoever this guy is. I just don't want to have someone replace Uncle Ben.

When I was a kid my Uncle Ben would always treat me as if I was the only kid in the world. It made me feel special. He died a few months ago. But Tony, the guy I dreamed about, seemed to take that pain away. It was like my brain was healing my heart. It was a whole other world that made me feel complete.

I find it interesting that I dreamed of my idol. Maybe that was my way of coping with the pain.

     Aunt May said I was in an accident when I went into the coma. I asked what kind of accident and she never said a word.

      I don't know why she didn't tell me, but it was getting to me. What happened? What happened 2 months ago that is so hard to tell me about?

    "Peter! Dinner!" Aunt May called from the kitchen.

    "Coming!" I yelled back and opened my door, making my way towards the kitchen.

     "What did you make?" I asked.

     "I didn't make anything, I ordered pizza." She smiled and took a bite of if a pepperoni pizza.

    I smiled back and grabbed 2 slices and chowed down.

Tomorrow morning I'm going on a field trip. It's some science lab. I hope it goes well! I heard the spiders are really cool!