0.0

╭───────────────╮

-ˋˏ TIME MACHINE ˎˊ-
thelivingarrow

╰───────────────╯

❛ WOULD YOU STILL HAVE LEFT IF I HAD MADE A DIFFERENT CHOICE? ❜

WOULD YOU STILL HAVE LEFT IF I HAD MADE A DIFFERENT CHOICE?

haunted by regrets, a man hopes to use a time machine to revisit the past and find a fresh start beyond the confines of his memories.

─────────────────

it is really true that we only realize the importance of someone when they are gone.

that's a problem to us, many people, we do not realize this until the situation has come and passed. we take things for granted on a daily basis, always with the assumption that whenever we need something, it will be there.

and that's why i really hate myself.

i really hate myself for not saying the three words, eight letters when she was still here. now, that everything's too late, i wouldn't be able to do anything to make it right.

i'm sorry for being scared of the consequences.

i'm sorry for hiding what i really feel.

i can clearly remember what happened that day when she was standing in front of me, patiently waiting for me to say something.

"taehyung, what is it?" 

should i say it?

"taehyung?"

should i?

nevermind.

"do you have something to say? spill the beans now." she chuckled.

i let out a deep breath. i looked at her, getting ready, as i open my mouth and say, "uh, i just wanted to remind you the three thousand won you borrowed from me."

fuck.

why did i say that?

i saw her eyes showed a glimpse of disappointment. "oh, right. i nearly forgot it. thanks for reminding me." she let out an awkward cough before getting her wallet. she tightly smiled as she handed me the money, "thanks."

i don't need this.

"yeah, whatever," i answered.

i need you.

"oh, okay, uh, i think i should go now." she excused and i noticed that her eyes are getting watery. she grabbed the handle of her baggage before she looked up to meet my eyes. "thank you for going here, i'm sorry if i wasted your time."

"no need to say that, joohyun, i'm your best friend after all." i cut off.

i shouldn't have said that.

"right. best friend." she cleared her throat and smiled sadly at me. "well, goodbye taehyung. i hope you'll stay happy as you are now. see you soon."

i'll never be happy if you're not here. you're my source of happiness and now you're bidding a farewell?

i waved at her and say, "goodbye, joohyun." i could feel tears forming on the side of my eyes.

"goodbye." she waved back.

little did i know that the moment you turn your back at me and went to the plane, you whispered something i didn't hear clearly.

"see you soon.. or never."

fuck.

i wish i could turn back to that time, i wish i could make everything right.

and i wish you'll give me a chance.