0.3

──────── *ೃ

──────── *ೃ

ㅤㅤit was exactly 11:11 in the evening when i went to the balcony and looked up the stars. i rested my chin on my palm as i asked, "what are you doing right now? do you still wear the smile i love?" i felt a lump on my throat, i'm starting to tear up again.

"...do you still know me?"

i continue to look at the beautiful masterpiece in the sky when suddenly, a memory flashed before my eyes.

we were on the roof of her house; i was staring at her with full admiration as her eyes twinkle. she was watching the stars that time. she always tells me how she loves doing it, and that's why i learned to love it too.

silence was enveloping both of us when she suddenly spoke up, "taehyung... when you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, i'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but i'm always there. i'm always here."

i was stunned that time. i felt my heart doubled its beat.

i couldn't say anything, but whatever it is i know to myself that since that, i have fallen in love with her.

even though we were best friends, nothing would stop me from loving you, joohyun.

i smiled sadly at the precious memory before i went back to my room and jumped to my bed. i was just staring at the ceiling at first when i felt tears rolling down on my cheeks. "it hurts, my heart hurts a lot." i wiped it using my hand and shifted my position to the side. i cover myself with a thick blanket as i closed my eyes and try to sleep. but i couldn't.

there's something's telling me that i shouldn't drift off tonight.

and it's bothering me.

"i can't sleep."

i jumped off the bed, grabbed my coat, ear muffs and thick gloves. once i was already dressed up, i went outside my apartment and headed to my friend's house, yoongi's. it took a couple of minutes until he opens up the door. "what the fuck do you want in the middle of the night."

"well, hello." i greeted.

"i said the fuck do you want, you just interrupted my sleep twat."

"i couldn't sleep." i spoke and entered his house without his permission. "why are there two shoes?

yoongi gave me a look, his eyes focused on my face. "have you been crying? your eyes are very red."

"it's probably because of cold." i answered in a small voice. i cleared my throat and looked away, "is someone around?"

he let out a long yawn before he answers, "my pal, he's on the lab."

"okay." i answered before i looked at his wall clock. "it's very late shouldn't he be on house?"

"says the one who barge in someone's house at exactly two in the morning." he answered sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"sorry. but seriously, why though?"

"we're taking shifts, i do the work during the day, while he continues it during night time. satisfied by my answer now?"

i nodded, "i guess."

"k. i'll get back to my sleep, don't wake me up again." he spoke as he walks away.

i didn't look at him again and just went upstairs, my eyes automatically search for the trace of his experiments. but i can't seem to find one. "yoongi, where's your partner?" i shouted downstairs. i heard yoongi cursed before he answered that he was on the very last room.

"i didn't notice that door before." i jogged my way to it and hold the knob as i turn it slowly. once i get the panoramic sight of the laboratory, my eyes already locked on the thing that his co-scientist was working on.

there it stood, my only hope to get her back.

the time machine.