ⓔⓟⓘⓢⓞⓓⓔ 1

|| Seo-Yeon's POV ||

"One cannot die so easily."

"Then what? What happened after?" One of the townsfolk spoke out from the crowd. I was currently entertaining a crowd of townsfolk with a murder tale I made up one day.

"The woman who barely survived... decided to draw a mole right here, " I said while pointing my finger below my right eye. Soon after, murmurs arose from the crowd.

"A mole?"

"She drew a mole."

"And?" A man spoke out in anticipation.

"No one could recognize her," I said while looking at the man. But, apparently someone did not believe me since he called out, "That is impossible."

I quickly shut down his retaliation. "Do not question me if you have not done it," I said sharply while pointing in the direction the man. "If you looked... at her mole like this, the person's face just changed," I said with confidence in my words, trying to convince my audience.

"Did the woman end up killing the man?" The man from before spoke, completely captivated by my story.

I started walking around the crowd, "Late at night, the woman... had the man rest his head on her legs... and said this as she stared at him." In order to get the emotion across, I stopped to look a random male and while looking him in the eyes I said, "'Why did you and I meet? Why do you only hurt me? Do I love you? You are inside of me.'" The crowed gasped in shock. And just like that, my story is done.

"Miss Ji-Yeong! Please tell us another story!" A young woman in the crowd spoke out to me. There were murmurs of agreement.

"Aish... I would love to, but sadly, time is short," she pouted in disappointment. "But feel free to come to Okta later tonight. My good friend Ah-Ro has an amazing story to tell."

"Will you be there as well?" The woman with hope in her words.

"Yes, I'll be there as well," I replied with a smile. The crowd began to slowly disperse.

"Another great story, my lady." It was Min-Seo, my bodyguard ever since I was sent into hiding. The day where King Bupheung died, was also the day I was separated from the rest of my family. That day is now quite a blur to me. I was young. I did remember that my mother was tearing up and that my older brother was sent away with a different bodyguard. That was the last time I ever saw him. But now, at least I know why mother sent me away. It was to protect the throne. If by any chance, something were to happen to her, I would need to step in as the new Queen Regent, considering the fact that my sister is ill. Although, that is only the case if the real King of Silla never shows up.

'My brother, the king... where are you?'

"My lady, are you okay?" She asked, worried. I nodded in reply. I always seem to get lost in my thoughts without even noticing, which causes Min-Seo to be worried. By now, I consider Min-Seo as more of a caretaker than a bodyguard. And despite just turning thirty-two years old last week, she doesn't look a day over twenty-five. 'Is she ever going to get married?' I finally snapped out of my thoughts as I see Min-Seo looking out to something in the distance, a bit confused and... in shock?

"What are you looking at?" I said curiously as I turned my head trying to figure out what has gotten her a bit dazed.

"Nothing!" She exclaimed. "I thought a fight was going to happen over there," she chuckled nervously, "My bad. I am getting old."

'Is she lying to me?'

"Now let us be on our way. You wanted to see Miss Ah-Ro, correct?"