e l e v e n

"O my God, Lauren! I'm so in love with you!" She screamed happily. She crushed me in a very tight hug while she gave me small kisses all over my face.

Wow.. I absolutely didn't expect this to happen when I stood in front of her door not so long ago.

"What?" I said with a shocked expression on my face. I couldn't say anything else. I was simply dumbfounded. She told me she is in love with me. I didn't understand and I absolutely didn't expect it. I know, she has already kissed me twice tonight. But I actually thought that it meant nothing to her, that she simply wanted to experiment.

I was clearly lost in my thoughts, because I didn't hear a single thing Camila was saying to me. Apparently, she was already explaining, or rambling, her sudden outburst of joy and I didn't want to miss any second of that.

"Camila, I'm sorry, did you just tell me you're in love with me?" I asked very slowly to make sure I hadn't heard her wrong.

"O my God, I don't even know what to say now. It just slipped out." She said while covering her mouth with her hand. She stood up and suddenly looked very terrified, just like earlier tonight.

I also stood up while my heartbeat increased by the second. I didn't want to repeat what had happened earlier this night, so I quickly grabbed Camila's hand. I intertwined our fingers and she instantly relaxed into my touch. 

I wanted to make sure she understood my little gesture. I wanted her to know I felt the same way. "I like you too, Camila. A lot, actually." I reassured her while I grabbed her other hand and chuckled lightly. I laid my head against hers and closed my eyes. It just seemed like the right thing to do at the moment and I didn't want her to leave the room.

We were silent for a few minutes. It wasn't awkward, we were so intimate that we didn't even need to talk to express how we felt.

"Can we sit and talk?" Camila asked shyly after a while. She had the most adorable expression on her face while she swung our still intertwined hands lightly. She sat on her bed and motioned for me to sit down next to her. I sat down next to her while I was smiling like an idiot.

That's when everything actually sunk in. Camila Cabello likes me, and I like her back. She's in love with me. I couldn't even describe the happiness I was feeling. I couldn't even form a normal sentence. I was just so perplexed, I actually wanted to scream and dance, but I know I had to keep my cool.

I was so surprised, that I actually got nervous. I was nervous about what she was going to tell me. I'm sorry Lauren, but it is better for the both of us if we stay friends. All sorts of negative thoughts like this one kept floating in my head and I think Camila noticed it. She asked me what was wrong which only got me more nervous.

"Uhh, nothing. You don't have to worry about it." I said while trying to sound convincing. Camila looked at me and raised one of her  perfect eyebrows, suddenly looking very confident. I guess I didn't sound as convincing as I thought.

"Ughhh, Camila, what are you doing to me?" I said while I buried my face in my hands. She got me feeling all flustered, shy and embarrassed.

Camila chuckled lightly and I felt her touching my hands. She removed my hands from my face and looked at me like I meant the world to her.

"I love it when you look all flustered and shy when we talk." She said softly while she stroked one of my cheeks. She definitely got more confident in only a minute. I leaned into her touch and closed my eyes. That's when I felt her soft lips press against mine, again.

Her action actually took me by surprise, but I can't say I didn't like it. I kissed her back just as fiercely, but I made sure it was passionate.

Just when I wanted to move Camila onto my lap, she stopped kissing me. I instantly opened my eyes, searching for doubt in her eyes. When I didn't find any, I asked her what was wrong. Luckily, she didn't leave the room like last time.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Camila asked in the most shy voice I had ever heard coming from her mouth. It was adorable. All of the confidence she had moments ago was gone. I leaned forward and captured her lips between mine again, just to give her a quick peck. I just couldn't resist her when she was that adorable.

"I would love nothing more." I reassured her. "But can we talk about, I don't know, 'us', tomorrow?" I asked hopefully while biting my lower lip out of the nerves I still had.

Camila nodded sheepishly and laid herself down. I decided to make myself comfortable as well and laid down next to her. I put the blankets over the both of us and Camila laid her head on my chest. We were so close, I could hear her heartbeat. And I bet that she could hear mine, too. Camila was drawing circles on my belly with her index finger and I let out a content breath. When she abruptly stopped, I stirred a little. Camila picked this up as a sign to continue while she chuckled lightly. She continued drawing the little circles and I began stroking her hair. After approximately 5 minutes, I felt Camila's breathing become slower. She was asleep.

I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen in the morning. We didn't have anything planned for tomorrow, so if we want, we could lie in bed all day long. But that's not what I wanted. I wanted to talk about what Camila and I were, and what we were going to be. If there even was a 'we'. I don't know what is going to happen, but I hope everything is going to turn out great.

What I do know, is that it felt amazing to finally have this kind of intimacy with Camila and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen between us.

The End