Will She be Worth it?

Hotnight in New York, city skyline just fading in the night sky. Thelooking down from the roof the lights were almost blinding. He satperched waiting, almost lusting, it had been awhile since his last"job".

He hadbeen hired out to kill a cop, not just any cop, a dirty one. A manthat abused his power just as he abused the poor women he crossed ona daily basis. He sat waiting. He spotted him around the corner.

"Timeto exercise," The masked man jumped off the building headed for theally

Ascream pierced the air. One gunshot and the cop was on the ground,reveling the woman in front of him. She was bleeding, or was thatbrains. She shook nervously as the masked man wearing red and blackwalked closer to her, his head cocked to the side.

"Areyou hurt?" he asked.

Justleave her to die. Thevoice in his head stated.

He rolled his eyes trying to figure out what to do,"You can it, I'm trying to work." He stepped closer the youngwoman. "I want to help you, will you let me help you?"

She looked scared but she was bleeding pretty bad froma nasty knife wound. She looked up at this mysterious man who kepttalking to himself, he seemed insane to her, but right now he mayhave been her only hope. She nodded in his direction. He swooped inpicking her up.

Hewas strong that she could tell, normally being one that didn't lether feet leave the ground. She was oddly calm, could be the bloodloss. He smelled of sweat and tacos. Her head rested on his shouldertrying to stay awake as he carelessly and effortlessly climbedbuildings. Finally arriving on a landing outside an apartmentwindow.

He lifted the window and stepped in, "Home sweethome."

She lifted her head and looked around, the place was amess, she'd probably had been better off in the alley. There wherebloodstains on the walls, the floor. He laid her on the bed beforedisappearing behind a what was once white door. He came out with afirst aide kit.

"Glad I kept this thing," He said sitting down onthe bed. He didn't know why he cared, he didn't know why he didn'tjust leave her in the alley to fend for herself.

He grabbed a pair of scissors out of the kit andreached for the top of her dress. She flinched.

"Sorry, I need to remove this." He said cuttingdown the top of her yellow dress. He could tell that she was awaitress of sorts, he hadn't been in home in months so he didn'trecognize the young woman.

Her face was fair, she hadn't seen the sunshine inmonths, her eyes sunken but still vibrant blue. She wasn't in perfectshape, but who was, she had curves and extra skin. She stared athim, he didn't notice. As he started cleaning the almost dried bloodoff of her body he found the knife wound, almost a kidney shot,almost.

"Ifound the wound, this may hurt," He rummaged around in the bagpulling out a massive amount of pill bottles, "Here take this. Itwill help with the pain."

She took the medicine from him, even if it was poisonit would be better than dying in pain and bleeding out in an alley. He pulled more gauze out of the first aide kit and a bottle ofperoxide. He poured the peroxide on her open wound watching herreaction. She mustered a scream. He finished cleaning her wound andbandaged her up.

She passed out, from the pain or the medicine it didn'tmatter. He left her and went to his living room. Discarded his bootsand weapons before sitting down on his couch. He turned on the T.Vhoping he hadn't missed the Golden Girls yet.