closed.

it's hard to try.

MOST WOULD SAY THE ROOM WAS SILENT

it wasn't. not really. the air conditioner made a low humming noise that resonated throughout the entire room, and the ever-going tick of the clock clicked in jeongguk's ears. if you could pick up on it, the heavy sole of his father's shoe thumped against the carpet as he tapped his foot, and very lowly was the lazy beat of his father's heart.

it wasn't silent. for jeongguk, it was almost too loud.

"kim taehyung, you say."

"yes."

"he's only been working here for a few years. he was one of the students we pick up from the university to work here."

"i know."

"he's still one of our good workers. he's at a low position, but kim namjoon thinks very highly of him. there may be an emotional factor in play, there, though."

jeongguk's father looked at him over his glasses when he said that. jeongguk was tired of him doing that.

"how did you meet him, again?"

"chance occurrence."

"how so?"

"we met. in the hall. he was just passing by."

"was he?"

jeongguk envisioned a barrier between him and his father, kind of like those walls they put between the criminal and their loved one.

now that he thought about it, it was more like an interrogation room.

that seemed more fitting.

"yes."

"and just by this he ... asked you to come over."

"it's common between young people."

"is it?"

jeongguk hated rhetorical questions.

"yes."

"what do you think motivated him to do this?"

jeongguk's jaw set, just in the slightest.

"interest."

"obviously," jeongguk's father said, with distaste. "i'm asking you of what kind."

"we've just met."

"and what is that supposed to mean?"

jeongguk's fingers trembled. a bit.

it was cold in his father's office.

"he's very kind. he wanted to get to know me better."

"why would he want that?" his father asked, scoffing.

"perhaps he was just being friendly."

jeongguk's father stretched his neck. "he didn't understand. that's more likely."

jeongguk could only nod.

"don't give him any false hopes."

what could he give?

"no later than eight. otherwise, i don't care. don't drink."

jeongguk's muscles loosened up.

"yes, appa."

"it's sir."

"yes, sir."

Δ

very short jeongguk pov. in case you were confused, he was asking his father for permission to go with taehyung on sunday. the next chapter will still take place saturday morning, however.

as for if there'll be more chapters like this, the answer is yes ! not many tho, this is a kth centered fic aa