I - Elena

Hey, guys! I'm Brazilian, so don't expect a full well done English book. I know the basic and hope that you can all understand.

— • — • —

Katherine Petrova's Point of View

I knew that Mystic Falls had the bad bad lucky. What I could do? This small town is full of secrets under of each carpet. Have some time I don't come here, not that I like here, it's just gives me bad memories. Damon and Stefan no longer live here, probably having fun without me. Get away from them was what I could call freedom, but, I admit, I miss their exaggerated love. I'm Katherine Pierce, getting attention is my twenty four hours job. Almost five hundreds years of vampire: I assume, I have more enemies than friends – this was in almost five hundreds years.

What's life without a taste of adventure?

Taking this thoughts away, I continued walking through my mission. No distractions – although have delicious snacks for lunch today. Knowing that you have someone who will be exactly like you it's pretty awkward and terrifying at the same time. I didn't really care, but my curiosity was bigger than my self estime. Okay, the duplicate was just a baby right now, but I need to see with my eyes the little threat that will be my mortal danger in the future. If it was a ugly baby, kill her will be pretty much easier.

I stopped my motorcycle in front of the house. It was s pretty house, with a good view and nice garden. There was already someone outside, a young and ginger girl, nearly to the seventeen's. She was playing with a cute and fatty little born baby. I could tell that this wasn't a girl, because was wearing a blue hat in the head and the young woman called it "Jeremy". This people doesn't really have a taste for names. With my hands in the pocket of may jacket, I walk into the house territory, already calling the attention of the teenager.

"Hi!" said the ginger girl holding the baby Jeremy. She looked like sweet, but the sound of her heartbeats make me want to feed her blood until the last drop. "Looking for someone? Never see you in Mystic Falls."

"Well, ginger, I want to know if this is the only ugly little creature that lives here." I have to say, she looked at me like I was kidding, but I was not, and she noticed. "I'm Katherine Pierce, by the way. And you are...?"

"Jenna Gilbert." the ginger answered with an ugly scare face and an awkward glance. "What do you want?"

I roll my eyes and let them focused in the blue eyes of this Jenna. I don't have time for questions, Klaus have to be near to catch me and I want to see this awful thing who can have this precious face I call mine. Why did I care, anyway?

"Let me inside and tell the adults or parents in the house that I'm your friend for school and show me the other kid who lives here. I'm your friend since we were three and you invited me to visit and see the babies" I said compelling her without patience. She was out for a second and then smiled at me, pushing my hand inside.

"I'm so glad you could come!" said Jenna putting the ugly Jeremy in my arms. I could reply, saying that I didn't know how to hold a baby, but it would be a lie and I was without patience to someone teach me. "This is Jeremy! My sister had him eight months ago! His sister is upstairs, probably drawing. She is almost three, and she can speaks a little bit. My sister will love your visit! She thinks I'm a solitary girl with no friends. Come inside!"

The last two words made me open a smile. I was inside and come every time I wanted. When we were in, I found the house absolutely cute and comfortable, with a nice kitchen and a delicious smell of spaghetti. Jeremy laugh at me and push my hair. He was a little devil, I knew it. All the babies are a plague. Jenna came back with a old women, was around thirty's. She had beautiful eyes, white skin and a pretty dark hair. The smile she gave me was sweet.

"Jenna didn't told me that you would come! I'm Miranda Gilbert, her sister. You are...?" she said with a happy expression on her face.

"Katherine Pierce." my voice was disappearing, why that woman made me feel butterflies in all my body? Or was the cute and beautiful baby that was looking at me with an innocent smile? That was my copy. A baby with almost three years old and with a "no teeth smile" and eyes who remembered so much my old days – aka my human time. She was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in my almost five hundreds years. "And who is this little one? I know Jeremy, but who is this princess?"

I don't know how could I were so adorable. I'm never adorable. The plague was really affecting me.

"Oh, she is really beautiful, isn't she?" said Jenna smiling. I didn't like all this affect from Jenna. The baby needed to like only me. Okay, I'm really possessed to something that I like. What? I don't like her. She will be dead somewhere in the future with my fangs in her neck. I wonder what was the taste of her blood. Concentrate, Katherine. "Say hi, Elena!"

The little girl just put her arms in my direction and I looked at Miranda and Jenna confused. What the plague was trying to do? Break my neck? Jeremy left my arms and Jenna was already holding him. Miranda laughed at my confusion face, she was an idiot or what?

"I think she wants you to hold her, Katherine." said Jenna with a ironic smile in her face. Miranda put the baby Elena in my arms, ignoring my protests, and then there I was: holding my future copy. She put her fingers in my face, watching me and make me want to hug her and never let her go. "Why don't you play a little with her? She really likes you. When I take her, in five minutes she starts to cry."

"Can I?" What?! Why did I said that? Klaus was almost finding me and I wanted to play with a baby who doesn't even drinks blood. She was just a poor little human. Why do I care? Why she makes me feel like a human? Argh! Damn, plague! "In fact, I can't stay with her, I'm late. I need to meet a person in another place today and do some projects from school. Sorry."

Yes. Cold as ice, that's me. Katherine Petrova. No humanity, no mercy and no lovely babies. After this, Miranda take a crying Elena – I don't know, but I think she didn't want to stay away from me. I'm irresistible, I know. – away from my body. When I hold her, was like fire, a warm around my heart. Now? Just dead skin and dead things. I said an cold goodbye for Jenna and ran the fast I could to my motorcycle. I put my helmet on and in two seconds, I could no longer see the smell of Elena's little body.

And there I was again, running to survive.