II - Dead Parents. Dead Mind

Hi, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and I want you, readers, to comment if my writing is good or not. Tell me what is wrong, because I don't have a full domination in this grammar, okay?

— • — • —

Elena Gilbert's Point of View

Fourteen years later...

Dear Diary,

One more day have passed, four months when I lost my parents and lost my completely ability to open a true smile. That's what I was doing, opening the best smile I could and say the same thing to everyone one: I'm fine. I hope this year I can find something to really distract me. I hope Matt Donovan doesn't look at me like a lost dog, I hope that Bonnie doesn't make me the same damn question, I hope Jeremy starts to talk me again, I hope to find someone new.

And, to finish, I hope to finally open a true smile.

With a sigh, I closed my green diary. One more day ahead. With seventeen years old, I never hoped to lose my parents and remember everything – why I had to be there? How I survived? The water was every where, my heart was slow, when I woke up, I was at the hospital, my aunt Jenna was holding Jeremy and then I knew. I was orphan and I didn't know how to move on. I still thinking if that terrible pain will ever be gone, if I could have peace someday. Was with that thoughts that I went to the kitchen and found a hurry Jenna Gilbert organizing her work presentation and an "undead" Jeremy Gilbert eating an apple. Jeremy has changed a lot in the past four months, he doesn't talk to me, just stay with his rock music and his stoned friends. Jenna couldn't saw it, but I could. And I didn't say anything.

"Hey, good morning!" said aunt Jenna, Jeremy just threw de apple in the trash and in a second was already gone. Jenna sighed and shook the head, taking a deep breath. She gave me thirty bucks to buy something to eat. "I have a presentation in... now. Crap."

"Go, aunt Jenna." I said, giving her a big smile and then my aunt gave me a kiss in the cheek and was already gone. I loved aunt Jenna – she was a young women trying to be a mom. I was proud of her, and she was always there for me. "Love you!"

Five minutes later, my best friend, Bonnie Bennet,  was outside my house, with her blue car. I didn't trust Bonnie driving a car, she was a little bit distracted and I didn't like distraction. And cars. Jeremy passed through me and completely ignored myself, getting his bike. I hoped he would appear at school – sometime. I put the belt and Bonnie gave me an enthusiastic 'good morning' and a smile. I just retributed the better way I could.

"Do you think that have cute boys this year?" she asked me. I wasn't thinking about boys lately, the truth was that I wasn't thinking about anything in the past few months. "Caroline said that a new boy was in town, and she wants to know if he is handsome."

"So she wants to her best friends for life discover that?" I said bored, it was such a Caroline thing to ask.  We were best friends since I can record, but Caroline changed a lot while we grew up. She, although, gives the most awesome parties in Mystic Falls. Bonnie laughed, giving me de answer I wanted. Great, my first day at School being a stalker. "Let's do it then."

"Okay. Wait! You know that I passed the holidays with my grandma, right?" Bonnie started, driving the car and talking like she was telling the most hot news ever. I smiled. Yeah, Bonnie could make me open a smile sometimes. "She said that my family is descendent of Witches! Like, really? And I have been dreaming about stuff that happens!"

"So you think that your grandma is telling the truth? It's only dreams, Bonnie." I smiled, her grandmother was a bit crazy and was always doing 'witchcraft', as Caroline says, which means 'crazy old woman' to not being offensive. Bonnie looked at me, upset. "Okay, tell what you see looking at me."

"Come on, Elena! I predicted Obama, Heath Ledger!Am I crazy?" She was in doubt of believing in the tales of her grandmother or not. Come on, psychic? It doesn't exist! And then, I looked at the window, entering in a world of my own, thinking abou my parents. What if it was me instead of them? They would be suffering like I am? "ELENA!"

"Sorry, I did it again, didn't I? I'm sorry Bonnie." I couldn't even talking to my friend without being creepy? Shit. "We were talking about you..."

"I'm psychic now." she said, smiling, with her eyes on the road. I had to have a fun conversation. "Really. I can see things."

"Okay, so predict something about me." I said, making it fun. Bonnie laughed and looked at me.

She took a deep breath.

"I see..."  then, something hit the car, making her stop in the middle of the street. Our hearts were bumping, it was like we crashed, like I crashed, but without falling, without losing my parents. What the hell was that?! "What was that?! Elena, are you okay?"

"Okay. I'm f-fine." I looked at her, no, I wasn't okay, I was in panic! "Fine."

"It was like a bird or something. I didn't see it coming." she explained. I have to control myself, I have to show her that was everything okay. "Are you sure...?"

"Yes, Bonnie, I can't be afraid of cars for the rest of my life."

With a deep breath and a smile, Bonnie said:

"I predict that this year its going to be kick ass! No more shadows and sadness. These days are over. I believe that you will be more than happy."

She took the car of the road. I crossed my fingers that she was absolutely right.

[...]

"This school doesn't have cute boys anymore." Bonnie said while we walk at the hallway. "Look at Kelly Beech... what people call these girls now?"

"Have no idea." I laughed.

"Uh, getting a boyfriend and a new slang. This year is going to be fun." she opened her locker to get her book and I turned myself to see Matt Donovan, my ex, looking at me with puppy eyes. She was in the football team. I broke up with him after my parents death. I couldn't handle a relationship, and I still can't. It's all messed up in my mind right now. I wave to him, but I was totally ignored. I sigh, sad.

"He hates me." I said, turning myself to Bonnie who just gave me a sad smile.

"She doesn't hates you, it's just 'you kicked me and I'm to sad to show and I'm listening to the album of Air Supply'."

[...]

After talking to Caroline and Bonnie, I couldn't be more bad lucky. My brother was stoned in the middle of the morning and I was yelling at him in the boys bathroom. Then, to my shame, I bumped into the new boy that Caroline talked about. He looked shocked. We talked a little bit. He looked at me as if he knew me, and he was cute, true is, he was hot. And some Strange energy passed through me as I looked at him. Bonnie said it was love at first sight, but Caroline just said that he was the most hot boy in town.

I didn't care about how stunning he was. I really couldn't think about him, as he stared at me the entire history class. There was something at him that doesn't fit, something that was teasing my curiosity. And it was not his beauty.