Chapter 5.

Vergil yawned and opened his eyes, he was in his crib. He sat up and stretched, he smelt something delicious cooking. He stood up in his crib and tilted his head, trying to get a look into the kitchen. He saw Dante by the stove, he had just finished cooking and put something on a plate. He cut it up before bringing it into Vergil's room, setting it on the little table. He saw Vergil was awake and smiled, saying "Did baby enjoy his nap?" Vergil just stuck his tongue out at him. Dante smiled and picked Vergil up and brought him over to the little table. He set him down in a chair and knelt down, getting ready to feed him.

Vergil looked down at the plate and saw that what Dante was cooking was steak. Dante picked up the fork and stabbed a small piece of steak, holding it front of Vergil and saying "Open up, baby." Vergil smirked and opened up. Dante fed him the steak and he clamped his mouth tightly on the fork so he couldn't get it back. Dante smirked and shook the fork side to side, which is what Vergil was hoping for. Vergil giggled and let go of the fork. Dante grabbed Vergil and pulled him onto his lap, hugging him gently. Vergil smiled and rested his head on Dante's chest. Dante opened his mouth to say something, but next thing Vergil knew he was on a couch and he was listening to a T.V. .

Vergil sat up and saw Dante on T.V. , he looked calm but his face was red, a sign he had been crying.
"If anyone has seen my little brother, bring him home. His name is Vergil, he is 2 years old, he has white hair and blue eyes and was wearing an over sized red shirt. If anyone sees him, please bring him to Devil May Cry on Slum Avenue. And Vergil, if by some chance you are watching this, please come home, I miss you. Amanda is out of the picture, she's gone. Please come home." Dante started to cry a little bit before the news broadcast ended.

Vergil started to cry, he wants to go home. Kenton and Castiel, who were asleep in recliners, woke up and rushed to Vergil, Castiel picked him up and said "What's wrong, little guy? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you need to be changed?" Vergil let out a sob and said "I wanna go home! I want my big brother!" Castiel rubbed his back and said "Don't worry, we'll take you to your brother." Castiel and Kenton slipped on their shoes and went out the door. As soon as they were outside, Kenton asked Vergil "Where is your older brother?" He sniffled and said "Devil May Cry on Slum Avenue." As soon as Vergil said that, the two boys headed off to their destination.

Vergil had fallen asleep, his crying making him tired. When he woke up, he heard knocking, so he opened his eyes and looked at where he was. They were at the Devil May Cry shop. Dante opened the door, and as soon as he did, Vergil held his arms out and said "Big Brother!" Dante immediately took him and held him close, smiling and saying "I'm so glad you're back."
"We found him on Lincoln Street, we took good care of him so you don't have to worry." Dante smiled at them and said "Thanks. I'm gonna need a babysitter for him for when I have to do my job, You boys interested?" Kenton and Castiel smiled and both boys said "Sure!"

Dante thanked the boys and they gave him their numbers before closing the door and heading upstairs. He sat in the rocking chair and cradled Vergil in his arms, not wanting to do anything except hold his little brother. Vergil smiled and closed his eyes, content and happy now. He relaxed and tried to get a bit more sleep, and without realizing it, he started to suck his thumb. Dante smiled down at Vergil, he looked so cute. He knew Vergil was gonna try and sleep but he needs to eat dinner first. Dante gently shook Vergil and the little half breed opened his eyes. He took his thumb out of his mouth and stretched. Dante set him at the little table and gave him a bag from McDonald's.

Vergil's eyes went wide a bit, so that's what the treat is. Vergil thanked Dante and opened the bag, grabbing a burger and unwrapping it. As soon as he took his first bite, Dante spoke.
"I'm sorry for not believing you about Amanda." Vergil swallowed his bite and said "It's okay." Dante smiled lightly, he didn't think Vergil would forgive him. Vergil took another bite, chewed and swallowed it before asking "What happened to Amanda?"
"I killed her." Dante said, Vergil choked on his burger at hearing him say that.