Hate That I Love You

Joey's Pov

Cat stands there, looking dumbfounded.

Cat's Pov

"What are you doing here?" I ask, a little pissed off that he's the one at my door.

Whats wrong with me? I was just in deep thought aboout him, thinking about how much I like him two seconds ago, and now I don't wanna see him?

How did he even get my adress?

Dani.

"Ouch. Kinda fiesty. I like that." he says smugly.

What an ass.

"Drop the smart-ass act! What do you want from me? We hooked up and that's all!"

"You never called me."

"You just gave me your number last night." I protest.

"Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about how things turned out at the party last night. I just want us to be friends."

Suprising.

"Fine." I say rolling my eyes."

"Can I come in?" he asks charmingly.

"I have work." I say emotionlessly.

"Oh. Well I gue--." he starts but I cut him off.

"You can come with." I say quickly.

What the hell am I doing?!

"Sure." he says, now smiling sweetly.

"What do you do?"

"You'll see." I say, turning around and locking the door before walking to my car.

"Coming?" I ask, seeing that he hasn't moved from my doorstep.

"Yup."

We climb into my Toyota and I drive to my favorite employer's house.

Jennette.

The car ride was a little akward if I'm being completely honest. I decide to turn on the radio and get lost in the lyrics of the song.

And I hate how much I love you boy, and I hate how much I need you, and I hate how much I love you boy! And I just can't let you go!

That only made the car ride even more akward than it already was, considering that I'm crazy about this guy, no matter how much I hate to admit it.

The fifteen minute car ride seemed like fifteen hours as I finally pull up into Jennette's driveway.

I rush out of the car, probably looking really stupid in front of Joey.

Right as I'm about to knock on the door, it swung open revealing a very drunk Jennette.

"Oh hello again Cathrine! I was just leaving!"

You were gonna leave your kid home alone?

"I just put Josh to sleep, so he shouldn't be much trouble tonight. Who's your friend."

"Oh, this is Joey. You don't mind him being here do you?"

"Of course not, Cathrine. I trust you. Just don't do it on the couch."

I blush as Joey smirks at me, raising his eyebrows up and down.

At this, I quickly rush past Jennette, pulling Joey in the house behind me by his hand, and closing the door behind us.

"Little rude to close the door on someone who's paying you don't cha think?" Joey says, still smirking.

I roll my eyes.

"I honestly feel bad for the kid. His mom is a raging acholic, and I'm like 99.99% sure she's HIV positive." I tell Joey as he laughs at this.

I smile at him. He's so hot.

We spent most of the night "watching" crappy movies.

We basically just chatted the whole time and it felt great to get to know him better.

Turns out, we have more in common than I thought.

He's still a jerk though.

Later, after my shift, I drive Joey and I back to my place as we talk about Extreme Cheapskates.

Yes! He actually watches that show!

When we arrive, we both get out of the car.

"Well, I better go, I have class tomorrow."

My heart sinks when he says this.

"Oh. Okay. I had fun tonight."

"Me too."

And just like that, Joey gets in his car and leaves.

I don't want him to go.

I love him so much.