[001] Spork

Spork trembles in the late November breeze. His bare back shivering as he tries to do everything in his power to make himself smaller, to not exist. He looks up, nervous with fear as the hatchet once again swings towards him, nearly decapitating him had he not tucked his head in.

He wants to cry, but couldn't make a single sound as he waits with his nerves on fire.

When will she come?

Almost as if he summoned her, his savior appears. She kicks down the giant executioner's ax and chops its stand into two pieces barely using any nen. Her wild crimson hair, newly dyed, flows wildly behind her as she searches desperately for her companion.

"Spork? Sp-ork! Where are you~?"

Her periwinkle blue eyes scans the room, and finally finds him in the corner where he had hidden himself.

"There you are!" She smiles as she picks him up.

"I've told you so many times to not come into the training room!" She pats him lightly, scolding him with that familiar affection that calms Spork's nerves. He wriggles around, trying to tell her that he didn't mean to.

"There there, it's okay now."

She takes him out of the room, and he visibly relaxes.

"Gloves. There you are."

She spins around to find Illumi at the end of the hallway. Gloves smiles and waves her other hand at him. Illumi approaches, an unsettled look on his face as he gazes down at Spork.

"What the hell are you still doing with that thing?"

Gloves pouts.

"This is Spork, not "that thing". He's my friend!"

Illumi shakes his head miserably.

"Whatever you say, Gloves. Have you heard from Kil lately?"

A somber expression falls over Gloves face as she shakes her head slowly. "He told me that he entered the game seven weeks ago, and that was the last I heard from him."

Illumi nods, resting a hand on Glove's shoulder and then withdrawing it awkwardly. He coughs;

"Well, Kil can take care of himself. You should be more worried about yourself."

Gloves smiles shyly, looking down at the floor. "It's alright, brother-in-law~ I will pass the tests, don't worry."

"I'm not." Illumi stammers, and then walks away with an agitated gait.

Gloves giggles to herself quietly, and whispers to Spork.

"Illumi is such a liar~ He's grown to like me, I'm sure of it. Although, it is a bit early to call him brother-on-law. I haven't married Killua yet."

She starts down the hall, humming to herself as she goes.

"But Spork, I'm so excited~ Silva promised me that when I'm qualified, he will have Killua propose to me. Atop a chariot made of the finest gold, drawn by the most powerful of horses..."

"I just have to pass the next few tests. Hmm~ Spork, what do you think, a summer wedding or a spring one?"

Gloves stops outside her room and smiles sadly, setting Spork down.

"Ah... I keep forgetting. You can't talk."

Spork scurries into the room, nestling up to his pile of discarded newsprint and settles down. Gloves closes the door, leaving him bathing in the darkness of her barely furnished room.

Gloves turns and breathes in deep. She's late for her weekly meeting with Kikyo. But, she had to save Spork.

He's her beloved pet beetle, after all.

|::|

A/N: Welcome back!!!

//You know we gotta start with a humorous thing :')

So a little background info on Spork: He's a nen-beast under the classification of "beetle" -- that's a "bee" and a "turtle"; wings of a bee and body of a turtle. But his wings are basically useless because the turtle body is far too big. (see the attached image)

Background info on Gloves: She's keeping her appearance from when Leorio brought her back to Killua because 1

Background info on Gloves: She's keeping her appearance from when Leorio brought her back to Killua because 1. she thinks he won't recognize her if she goes back to her original look (typical Gloves, you know?) and 2. She's still a wanted fugitive for murder.

I think that's it for now, hopefully, you're from Gloves --- the first book --- so you're not terribly confused. If you are, just literally think of it as your typical arranged marriage with an assassin only not really lol.

Thank you for reading, and let's be off on another journey~!

vanitea-