Chapter 12, Remembrance

That night after Cay begged me to get out of the bathroom, I remained mute. I didn’t want to talk to him. I didn’t want to talk to Ash. I only wanted one person, and that was Daddy. I sent him a message to come stay with me for the night. I just didn’t want Ash or Cay near me. They kept something so huge from me. I couldn’t figure out how or why they would.

I understand they probably had their reasons but this is huge. I knew that Daddy had known about this but I just wanted to curl up to him and be four years old again, I didn’t want to be me at the moment.

Cay told me that Ash went to grab me food, and when he came back with a platter of food I didn’t even acknowledge him. I sat on my bed waiting for Dad to come. Cay gave up talking to me as well as Ash when I just closed my eyes and sat there.

I didn’t mean to be mean or whatever I was being, I just needed a minute to myself and all I wanted right then, was Daddy.

He came in a little while later and saw both boys sitting on the bed. I didn’t tell him what was wrong I just told him to come. But by the look on his face he just figured it out.

“I was so hoping this would have waited till back home” Daddy sighed as he stepped up to the bed. I turned to look at him, my face expressionless. I was hiding all of it. I put my walls up so no one could feel or hear, how I felt. “Hey baby girl how are you?” he asked sitting next to me. I must have let something slip cause the next thing I knew ,I was in his lap being coddled.

I heard the door close but didn’t look up, I knew they had left. I tried to keep my tears at bay but they broke free, racking my body in sobs. Daddy shushed me saying it would be Okay, but I just cried harder.

I stayed that way for a while until I felt my tears mostly dried up. Lifting my head from his neck after breathing his warm musky smell in, I looked up to him. His handsome face and warm grey eyes looked down at me full of concern. I couldn’t even try to fake a smile, I was breaking inside.

I felt guilty that I felt an immediate love for another man. I felt guilty for causing pain to both. I felt guilty for not being able to fight it. I just felt guilty.

To top that off I felt sad, that everything is changing. I felt angry, that I had no control over it. I felt scared at the unknown. And most importantly, I felt terrified of what my wolf was going to force onto me, a baby. I was a broken wreck.

“Daddy” I whimpered softly “What am I gonna do?” My voice cracked on a sob but I held it back as I waited for my Daddy to answer. Sometimes I felt so small in his arms, and right now I needed my big strong Daddy to help me, to tell me what to do.

“Baby you have to do what's right. I know this is confusing and your scared. I know that, but you have to know how much those two love you.” he kissed my temple, pulling my head back to his chest and he continued to talk. “I was the one who told Ash once he found out at sixteen to stay back, I knew you were going to be special. At the time I found it unbelievable that you had two mates, but now I know why. I told both of them not to touch you until we could figure out what was going on. I'm sorry this is hurting you baby, most of us were just so confused as to what was happening.”

I sighed and closed my eyes leaning against him more. He radiated strength and safety, and I took every ounce of that I could. “Daddy, whats going to happen now?” I asked in a whisper.

“I don’t know baby girl, I just know that this is something bigger then both of us, or any of us for that matter, but I know one thing, and that’s you need to be mated to both.” I sucked in a deep breath trying to wrap my head around the fact that now I had to have a relationship with two different men, who my body, heart and mind, tell me I'm in love with.