Zeal

No one was sure if having Adam Ruzek back at the station was the greatest of ideas. No one was sure if that would just make things even worse than it already is. That was everyone except Antonio, who had succeeded in convincing Voight to take Adam back. He had reassured and had given him his word that Adam wouldn't be of any trouble.

Antonio sure hopes he wouldn't since his career at Intelligence will be in jeopardy if Adam makes even the slightest mistake.

The team were happy to have him back. The goofy and jolly Adam they all have come to love and consider as family was finally here. The past couple of months have been quiet. No one talked or even smiled. It had gotten to the point where Atwater didn't even want to come into work anymore since the air held a thick cloud black haze.

"It's good to have you back, man." Atwater gave him a hug. Though it was clear, from his eyes, that he had spent the entire night partying, he hoped last night would be his last. The finale of his binge episode.

"It's good to be back." he said with a nod.

Just then the newest member of the specialised unit emerged from the break room. Adam can't help but stop and stare at her.

"Hey, tell me again, why you failed to mention that we got a newbie?" he whispered to the guys.

"Oh right. You'll like her. She's bomb." the guys reassured.

The last week or so with the all-male team, she have proved herself time after time with her intel and ideas that she was of value to group. She's the reason why they had closed their last open case so quickly. And now they've grown to like. Though it'll be quite some time for Olinsky, she's getting to his expectations.

The blonde hair blue eyed caught his stare and smile, walking over to him with a coffee mug in her hands.

"Hi. Kate Lansing. Nice to meet you."

He stared into her blue eyes for a tad bit too long. He didn't even notice the hand she had extended and only realised when Antonio cleared his throat.

He couldn't help but notice her hollow blue irises, golden locks that were tied into a ponytail. Her flawless skin. She was suddenly nice to look at.

"Adam Ruzek." he replied, shaking her hand.

He have never had a thing for blondes.

She nodded and went back to her desk.

Jay's desk.

"So Jay, huh?"

Voight had already found his replacement. It was probably what's best for the best but not for his best friend.

Speaking of best friend, he can't help but feel guilty for not visiting him ever since he had woken up at the hospital. Other than the handful of times he had seen him at Med after he had woken up to blindness, Adam had never visited him after that. Not ever since he hooked up with Erin, his best friend's girl.

Has Erin told him about them?

Will she ever tell him? Should she?

The past should be left in the past. There's no point in stirring more trouble. Like there hasn't been enough already?

"Yeah." Antonio sighed. "He's probably never coming back. Doc said it's not likely."

"What about Lindsay?"

At her last name, he can feel Antonio stiffen by his side; they were all still pretty much mad at his actions.

But who can he blame other than the joint?