2. Six Months

It was 3am in the morning, the night breeze engulfed Maymay in a warm hug, making her miss the hug she was longing for a little less. He had left six hours ago for another shoot, while she had to stay behind to finish the rest of her scenes for the commercial.

She glanced over her phone to see if he had contacted her, but to her dismay there was nothing but the time looking back at her. She sighed as she brought her phone in front of her face.

"Alam mo ikaw," she started. "Alam na alam ko ang ginagawa mo." She pointed at her phone aggressively as she bellowed. "Pero, kahit gaano kita ka miss, hinding-hindi ko aaminin yan sa'yo. 'Kala mo ha!" She rolled her eyes. Seconds after her phone began to ring, sending her into a panic.

Eto na siya!

She swiped left. "Edwardo! Tigilan mo nga ako, you're ano! You're making pa miss! You know? Hindi funny– "

"Ma'am this is Globe, and we're just reminding you that you may avail of our new promo."

Hala uy.

Maymay never in her life would yell at another individual for no reason. But alas, her she was. "Hala, sorry po. Akala ko po ibang tao kayo."

The woman on the other line disregarded what Maymay said, and instead asked again if Maymay wanted to avail their new promo. She kindly declined and said farewell.

Nababaliw na ako, uy.

"May!" She looked back and found her road manager waving at her to come over. "Last scene na," she said. Maymay bounced out of her seat, and dashed her way to the set excited to have this shoot over.

-

It was ten past four when the director decided it was time to pack up. She thanked everyone for their hard work, and for choosing her and Edward to represent their brand.

"Oh, parang may hinihintay ka ah?" Her road manager commented seeing Maymay stuck to her phone.

"Hala, wala po ate Abbey." Maymay shrugged off. She isn't the one to express her feelings to the public, you'd think she would be since she's outgoing and very friendly, but relationships are a whole different thing. Nahihiya siya.

"Weh? 'Wag ka na mag deny, alam ko hinihintay mo ang beau mo."

The word 'beau' made her cheeks instantly red. She couldn't help it. She's still not used to the fact that she's in a relationship with Edward, considering their long history and friendship. It still surprised her every day.

Maymay and Abbey were already seated in the van when Abbey's phone began to ring. She glanced over at Maymay who was still glued to her phone, waiting for Edward to contact her. Abbey answered the phone and kept her tone hushed as she spoke to the person on the the other line. She almost slipped when they said goodbye.

"Ate Abbey, saan po kayo?" Maymay asked as the van began to move.

"Alam na ni kuya Rodger," Abbey replied. Maymay nodded.

"Ate, okay lang ba matulog muna ako? Gisingin mo nalang ako pag bababa ka na."

Abbey knew how exhausted Maymay was, as she was the one who woke her up at six in the morning.

-

Maymay felt cold. As she opened her eyes, the harsh light of the morning greeted her. She squinted her eyes, confused as to where she is.

"Babe," she heard his voice. "You're awake."

Her eyes widened as she recognized the owner of the voice.

"E-Edward?!"

Her eyes roamed her surroundings as she began to sit up. They were at the edge of a hill, overlooking the city with the sunset behind it. It all looked so surreal, like it was a dream.

Panaginip ba 'to?

"No babe, this is not a panaginip. This is real," Edward said as he grabbed her arms. "Are you cold?"She could only nod as she was still processing everything that was happening in that moment. Edward grabbed a jacket from his bag and wrapped it around her tiny frame. "Better?"

"Opo." He kissed her temple and she bit down her lips trying to hide her smile.

"You're probably wondering why you're here," Edward began. "Well, to start off, happy six-month anniversary."

Maymay, who barely expresses herself started to form tears in her eyes. How did she get so lucky? How? After everything that she's been through God decided to give her a miracle, and she's so thankful for him. But of course, she could never tell it to his face.

"Uy, bakit ka umiiyak? Did I fail to surprise you?" Edward held his head as he looked down. "Sorry, May."

"No, no! Hindi, ano..." she said. "Thank you. Maraming salamat sa pagmahal mo Edward, sobrang thankful ako." He wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.

Edward looked at her, his eyes wandering to her lips. Maymay, fully aware of what is about to happen turned into stone. His face moved closer to her own, her heartbeat raised to a million, his lips are almost touching her lips.

"Edward! Maymay!"

"Ay, Tita Cathy!" Maymay pushed Edward away and he fell on his butt on the floor.

Maymay runs to his mother and gives her endless hugs and kisses.

Pero ako, not even one kiss. Hay, Maymay. Baliw na baliw na nga ako sa'yo.

-

A/N:

Shoutout to mbarbera_ on twitter for helping me with the Tagalog lines. Labyu. 💖