4. Why So Harot?

When his name was called, Edward felt sadness and relief. Both feelings felt together swelled in his chest, and for the first time it was difficult to handle. Nonetheless, he glanced over at her and smiled deeply.

You got this.

If only she could read his mind.

When he said his farewell to the remaining three, his mind lingered on to her. Thoughts swirling about clogging up his brain.

Sadness. Because of course he wanted to win, it was a goal all four of them shared. But also relief, because he knew she deserved it just as much, maybe even more.

-

Edward and his father Kevin were standing a few feet away from the stage. It was now time to call on the third big placer. Edward's heart suddenly raced, his body began to sweat even more. He was nervous.

"She's got this. Believe in her," he heard him say. Edward looked at his dad, and gave him a shaky smile.

"I do," he replied. Because he does, he believes in her so much, that sometimes he has more faith in her than he does in himself.

-

The day Maymay Entrata was declared the big winner all eyes were on her, even Edward's, so no one saw him leap for joy when her name was said. No one saw him punch the air because his girl won the season. No one.

He smiled up to his eyes, the edges crinkling. "Woohoo!" He hollered as he waved his fist in the air. Edward was beyond proud of her, beyond proud of his girl. Girl... friend that is. Nonetheless, he was happy for her. "Yes, May!"

His dad slapped him on the back and said, "I told you. Skrenggeee!"

Edward laughed fully, echoes coming out of his belly. It was a day Edward could never forget, a day he is also thankful for.

"Edwardo!"

He shut the photo album as he turned his head around. There she was, his big winner.

"Ginagawa mo diyan?" She asked as she plopped down on his lap. Edward chuckled, how cute is his girlfriend? So cute.

"Just looking back," he said as he rested his chin on her right shoulder. She was warm, and smelt of the sun. But underneath the weather's touch, she still smelt like his Maymay. "Bango mo."

"Oy, mabaho ako, wag ka nga!" She raised her right shoulder to shove his chin away, Edward though already knew what was going to happen before it did, so he lifted his chin and tightened his arms around her. "Skrengge! Stop!"

"Make me."

"Sige ka, aalis ako."

Edward pouted. "Babeeeeeee."

"Don't 'babeeeeeee' me." She mimicked his voice and expression. "Bata."

"Yes, yes I am your baby." Edward said as he gave her a smirk. "Balik na." He repeatedly kissed his hands with his legs, motioning her to come sit.

"Promise mo muna na hindi mo nauulitin."

"You are mabango though!" He whined.

"'Wag kang bolero Edward John!" When Maymay gets serious, she begins to speak in straight Tagalog. Edward having this knowledge decided to shut up and pout.

"Sorry na, babe," he replied, his lower lip slowly meeting his top one making his pout disappear. "Sorry."

"Okay na ako sa isang sorry." She walked over to him and sat on his lap again. She gave his cheek a peck, and Edward turned a shade of red. "Kyot mo, Skrengge."

"Babe," he said.

"Hmm?"

"Why can't you just call me love?"

Maymay was quiet for a while before she replied to him. "Gusto ko lang yung Skrengge. You don't like?"

"I do."

"Yun naman pala, choosy ka lang."

Edward laughed at his girlfriend. "Sana ganito tayo palagi."

"Ano, nag aaway?"

"No, happy."

Maymay smiled knowing Edward couldn't see her face from how they were sitting. She was indeed kinikilig.

She loved him, sobra.

The front door suddenly swung open to reveal a Laura Barber carrying groceries in both hands. Her eyes instantly landed on the two, and Maymay sat up to shove Edward away, who tumbled down the high chair.

"Babe naman eh!" He whined as he rubbed his sore butt.

Maymay though stood still as a pillar, eyes big, filled with guilt because of sitting on Edward's lap. She must admit, humaharot siya sa boyfriend niya. But that was because they were alone.

Laura gave Maymay a knowing smile, as time passed by Maymay found a new twin in Edward's sister, which meant she too knew what was running through Maymay's mind. Laura lifted her eyebrows, up and down, teasing Maymay as she placed the plastics on the counter in front of her.

"Having fun, love birds?"

"Yes."

"No."

Edward and Maymay looked at each other, they had replied at the same time again. Maymay shook her head signaling her boyfriend to not do what he was about to do.

"No. No. No!" Maymay explained as she walked over to stand next to Laura and began putting the groceries away. She added after placing the eggs in the fridge, "Ang boring nga wala ka dito."

"Yeah?" Laura turned her back on Maymay who was now busy with the vegetables. She looked at her smirking brother and gave him a high five.

Oh, if Maymay only knew.

If only.

"Babe, let me help you with those!"