Intro pt.2

I closed the door and stood on the small entrance. I saw the car slowly coming toward me. Once the car was infront of me, I instinctively reached for the front door handle but hesitated and went into the back seat. I had to jump up and grab the assisting handle. Once I was in, I put my seatbelt on.

Riker didn't say anything and drove off. I looked outside.

Its been so long since I've been outside. Into civilization. When the police escorted us into the police car from the cells, I was shocked, to say the least. It had been five years since I saw the world.

And now, I see the rain and the woods, the mud, the leaves, the grass, the moon, the stars. This feeling is peculiar. It's like this is all fake but I know it is real. I lived in this world once, as a normal teenage girl. It feels like that was a lifetime ago. It basically is since the Alex back then died, by suicide, by torture, by starvation, by rape and in that tragedy I was born. I was born into what I am now...

Once we were out of the woods, I saw the lights, the stores, the people! I saw them laughing and smiling.

I saw Riker park by a CVS.

"Stay here, I'll be quick." Riker hopped out and ran into the store. I saw him through the store windows but he eventually moved out of my sight.

A few minutes later he came out with a small bag. He sat back in front and closed the door. He shirt was almost drenched.

"I got you some flip flops. I don't know your size but I got 6-7. Is that good?" He asked.

I shrugged. I don't know anything.

"Well, try these on." I grabbed the bag, making sure not to touch his hand. I pulled them out of the bag and took the seperater off. I put them on my feet and they seemed to fit fine.

"They fit?" Riker asked like a child from the front. I nodded. "Cool, So now we have to get to the mall before it closes." He said.

He turned the radio on. I heard the DJ announce the next song called, Can't feel My Face By the Weekend.

Music.

I haven't heard music like this in soo long. Thoughts of all my favorite music rushed to my head. I bit my lip at the anticipation to once again here these songs.

All I've been listening to the last couple of years is sleezy strip music, instrumental, and slow songs. I gritted my teeth at the thought.

"We're here." Riker said. He got out and came over to my side as I got out. I hopped down and saw there were still a bunch of cars here.

I followed Riker to the entrance, we ran because of the rain. Once inside, there were tons of people here. I was shocked at the amount. It was almost like a cultural shock.

"Are you okay?" Riker asked. I nodded and slowly walked behind Riker. Riker would realize I'm walking behind him and try to walk beside me but I would continue to slow down to walk behind him.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?" He looked down at me, I nodded while looking somewhere else.

He lead me to the food court. I almost broke down in tears at the sight of all the old fast food places I loved. McDonanlds, Popeyes, Sbarro, Taco Bell, Checkers and Burger King!

Food.

I sighed in complete gratefulness. Even though, I'm still not sure about living with Riker. I am completely grateful for even allowing to me to see this.

"So what'll it be?" He asked. I was still in awe. I think he saw that because he softly chuckled.

What should I get?! I smiled.