Let the Journey Begin

I heard Riker downstairs, it sounded like he was unpacking boxes. I got up before he got mad or something, not taking any chances. I don't know what triggers him, I don't know what gets him mad so I'm just going to act proper and stay completely out of the way.

I dressed quickly into some black skinny jeans and a plain long sleeve black shirt with Riker's sweater on top.

Mmm...I should take his sweater off. He might not like me wearing it. I took it off and folded it neatly. 

Now what? 

I looked at the door. Should I go down? Sho-Should I open the door?

Would he get mad?

I think it's better to just stay and wait for him to get me, if he even needs me.

I went back and sat on the bed. I looked around and decided to make up the bed first. I waited, lying on the bed. I heard footsteps coming up, I got scared and backed up into the corner of the bed.

The footsteps stopped in front of the door and he knocked softly. I walked toward the door and opened. Riker stood there in black skinnies and a white t shirt.

"Hi, Good Morning." He smiled. I backed up and sat on the bed with my knees against my chest. "We have to get things for your room, so we should to go to store. I don't have any food in the house either so we have to eat breakfast somewhere else." He said. I nodded. I went to put my black vans on. I sat on the floor while he stood over watching me. 

"Did you sleep good?" He asked. I only nodded at him.

If I slept on his only bed, where did he sleep? He looked on the bed and saw his folded sweater.

"You can keep this if you want. It's getting colder, you should wear it." He said softly. I nodded while tying my shoes. Once my shoes and his sweater were on, I looked at him. "Okay, let's go."

I followed him downstairs.

There were open boxes, empty boxes, and closed boxes. There was also a pillow and a blanket on the couch. I bit my lip and frowned. He slept on the couch because of me. 

He locked the door behind me and walked to the truck. Now that it's day, I could see more of the property. For one, he has five cars lined up next each other in the lot, all different models. He chose Black Ford Truck again. I hopped in the back again and looked out the window as he drove.

There's a small open field in front of the house. Most of the property seemed to just be woods. Even though I didn't enjoy the idea of living with a stranger out in the woods, it didn't seem so horrible. Not with this scenery...

I don't know the exact time of year it is but with the chilly weather and colorful leaves, I'd say its fall. Fall was my favorite season when I was a kid. How could you not love it? It's so beautiful. There were many trees around the orphanage, when I waited for the bus or walked to school, I stared at the colorful leaves. No one bothered to clean or rake them up so the streets and sidewalks would fill with them. It was almost like I was walking in a painting. 

We ended up eating a IHOP. It was really awkward sitting in front of each other with nothing to talk about so I would evade Rikers gaze. We didn't say anything at all. It wasn't until our food came that we didn't mind the awkwardness. I didn't like that Riker was continuously buying things for me. I felt as though I was creating a debt and that I was going to have to pay for it, violently or sexually.

It took us about 5 minutes to get to Home Depot. I followed Riker into giant store. I followed close because of the people there. There were many people trying to carry loads of wood, boxes, and sheet rock.