Chapter 5: More Truth Comes Out

Chapter 5 More Truth Comes Out

Once again, Ogata applauds the scene-changes Kyoko and Ren did, as the two of them come back to reality...both trying hard to pretend that was nothing more than an acted scene for a movie.

"You two are really something else! Ya know, I was actually hoping you two would diverge from the script and improve it. It's a great storyline, but it's pretty flat. I asked for you two because I knew you could liven it up! And you have! Please continue to do so!"

After thanking Ogata, the two actors head to their dressing rooms to ruminate about what just happened on set as they change into their regular clothes.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Kyoko, whilst changing, thinks to herself. Wow. While it was happening...I felt like I was on another world! Kissing and touching him like that was more heart-pounding than I've ever imagined! And I just did it automatically, without even thinking! It's a damn good thing it was in the script! Hell, I'm embarrassed even though it was! I mean...did he know I wasn't really acting? Does he think I'm a perv now? But then again...when we broke apart...he was breathing hard, which could be acted, but his face was flushed! He told me just before the scene that's impossible to act! Was he really that into it too? Those scripted words he changed that seemed so real....were they? I have to know now, as embarrassing as it's going to be to look him in the face again after this...

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ren smiles to himself as he changes back into his regular clothes. She wasn't acting. I could tell. I could feel it. It is really true then...how she feels. No wonder my deception hurt her so deeply...but I know I have a chance now.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ren is about to get into his car when Kyoko shouts his name, running toward him. Ren is happily surprised. But once she's caught up to him, Kyoko feels suddenly embarrassed, her cheeks turning crimson, and she looks down. "I-I wondered—if I could get a ride with you, Tsugura-san."

Ren almost falls over. "O-Of course! Hop on in!" He feels like grinning from ear to ear, but with a little (or a lot) of effort, he manages to keep it a small, friendly, un-creepy size.

Once safely out of the parking lot and away from other people, Ren asks, "Where to?"

"Y-your place. I've decided to hear your story."

Ren's eyes and mouth drop in shock, but his face quickly changes to one of sheer, undisguised joy. "You bet!" he replies cheerfully, now unable to hide his grin.

Kyoko fails to notice, though, with her hands folded together in her lap and her eyes focusing down on them as if she were struggling to see them. Her face is red to her ears, realizing she was now alone with Tsugura-san, in his car, right after a steamy scene like that! She really did want to hear his story now, but she had forgotten about the lovey-dovey-sexy-hot scene they had just done prior to her running up to him and calling his name just like she used to, as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. She is embarrassed through and through, and has no clue what to say.

Ren knows she is embarrassed, though. He has to take her mind off it and make her comfortable around him again. He wants to congratulate her honestly for a job well-done in that scene, no matter the reason for it, but knows that could make her so uncomfortable she would change her mind on going to his place to hear him out and insist on being dropped off immediately, right where they are, no matter how far it is from her home. He has to think of something to say to put her at ease—especially since the conversation they are going to have at his house is not going to be easy to get though.