Chapter Two

Since the coffee-spilling incident, my ordinary life had been taken and twisted completely upside down---thanks to nearly every social media platform. Apparently, several fansies had been filming the meet-and-greet and had uploaded the footage of 'The Incident' to Facebook and YouTube. And---of course, because it's me---the videos went viral.

That's not even an understatement.

Within a week, the views on the video had escalated to two million. When I saw what had happened, I nearly died. Literally. I felt like such an idiot---and immediately knew that I would no longer have to introduce myself to new people, because they'd probably interrupt and exclaim, "You're the girl who spilled coffee all over Ben Cook/That Newsies Kid!"

However, that had all occurred last year, so the popularity had decreased immensely. But I wouldn't be so quick to forget it. Every day I felt anxious and terribly nervous---especially when I appeared in public. I thought people would recognize me from the video and remind me of that haunting moment at Nederlander Theater.

It took my half of a year just to look at a Newsies poster or a picture of Tommy Bracco. Anything that reminded me of Newsies almost caused me to faint or scream. I was so embarrassed.

Now that was an understatement.

I was mortified; horrified, eternally scared, frightened, terrified, and all of the other synonyms for fear, anxiety, and embarrassment.

Thankfully we'd moved from our quaint apartment in New York City to a slightly larger one in Boston. And Newsies had ended its theatrical success on Broadway, and was beginning its Toursie! (Which I thought was an extremely clever name.) However, their first scheduled tour destination was the Boston Opera House.

Though my unfortunate fame had slowed my love for the performances, I still adored it dearly! That's why it was such a difficult decision about going to see it in March or staying sheltered in my home.

I vividly remember the evening when Ginger told me the "amazing news."

"Angie! Angie! Angie! Angie!" I heard Ginger screech from next door.

Automatically my brain imagined the worst possible scenarios. I bolted from my comfortable bed and raced into Ginger's bedroom, where I witnessed an overjoyed smile plastered across her face with her MacAir in her hands.

I rolled my eyes and bore a brief expression of anger. I should've known Ginger wasn't experiencing anything life-threatening or scary. She always did overexaggerate when she was excited.

"What?" I asked, leaning against her open doorframe.

"I have amazing news! You'll never guess what!"

"You're right. Now, what is it?"

"Guess!" Ginger pressed happily.

"I don't---"

"Newsies is touring around the states!"

I was dumbfounded. Because I had been attempting to stay away from all the articles and publicity of the coffee accident, that---sadly---meant staying away from all of the Newsies sites and keeping up with their show information.

"A tour?" I echoed, advancing further into Ginger's orderly room.

"Yes! And you'll never guess where their first performance is!"

I winced.

No, please no!

"Boston?" I asked, balling my hands into nervous fists.