Chapter 11: Don't Go

It was raining again. The drops of precipitation licked at the window and slid down it, clinging to its edges once they could no longer drip further. The sun was rising, the sky a painted canvas of pinks,oranges, and a tinge of lilac swirling in unison to create the breathtaking sight.

You awoke to a familiar strong scent and warmth assaulting your senses and you looked up. There was alcohol on his breath and your lips and face twisted into a scowl. You hated that he drank, but you'd never say anything about it. Memories of last night flooded your head and you abruptly stopped thinking of his tainted breath and now of his words.

"You're my best friend and sometimes I wish more of us"

Did that mean they were?...
After all, he had kissed you..
No.. He didn't say..

Your head began to hurt with the swelling questions so you stopped to inhale and exhale slowly. As you felt the air enter your lungs and then release, you immediately felt a sense of relief. Your heart was still heavy, burying questions deep inside it so that your mind was clear for the time being. You shifted closer to his body and wrapped your arms around his upper body,mainly his neck. He wasn't phased by this. You winced when you realized even you couldn't predict how he would react to what happened. Was he drunk? No..

The questions returned, prodding at your head and you had to get up, stalking off to the kitchen. You let out a loud , frustrated sigh,having the urge to shake him awake and talk to him. Why were you so bothered by this? Well.. After all, he had kissed you.. You paced back into the living room and stared at him. He had tired eyes as usual, worn by fatigue and god knows how many late nights. His hair was untamed, and soft to the touch surprisingly. You laid on him, straddling him hesitantly and leaning in. This made your skin gain goosebumps. It brushed against his, sharing your warmth to him, which made him open his eyes. He blinked several times and a smile played on his lips slowly.

"Good morning, (Y/N) "

He seemed normal to you, not drunk.. At least on alcohol. Love, maybe. You reached up to run your fingers through his spiked up pale brown locks that seemed to shine with the morning sun. This, as well as the unbothered greeting make you smile in return.

"Morning, Tom.."

He sat up, propping his upper body against the pillows and adjusted you more comfortably into his lap. You tugged at his hair slightly fondly. You swallowed the lump in your throat to ask him the question.

"Tom.. Did you mean what you said last night?"

He looked away momentarily and took your face into his callused musician hands.

"Yes. "

"That's all I needed to hear."

He lidded his jet black eyes and you looked at them. You never found them odd, actually. Slightly strange, but it didn't irk you. You got used to the way they looked like a midnight evening sky. They calmed you. His chapped, but full lips pressed against your own and they gaped in surprise.

"I planned to tell you a lot sooner, but you went ahead and did it for me."

"Y-yeah.. "

"I had something planned.. Maybe we can still do it?"

You froze in your spot, your lips still begging to touch his again,to feel his warmth. Your body would not allow it.

"What is it?"

"It would lose any sentiment if i told you, silly"

Looks like he hadn't lost his playful spark of last night before the confession. You didn't mind now, in fact, it made your limbs wobble in anticipation.

"Okay.. So when will it be?"

"Tonight.. For now, i bid thy princess goodbye
See ya at eight"

He stood and gently set you down on the couch extension. You sat in silence.

"You won't stay?"
The question seemed more of a plea.

"I have to prepare, (Y/N)"
He replied smoothly and chuckled, ruffling your hair affectionately.

He walked to the door and opened it slowly and turned to you once more with that same handsome smile painted on his face.

"Don't go,Tom"

"I'll see you later, (Y/N)
It'll be worth it. "

It'll be worth it.

You sure hoped it would.