Chapter 33

Alexis's POV

     "Shit!" I exclaimed.
     "Wait, Alex? What are you doing here?" Right as he said that, I recognised him as Jordan, one of the people in my math class. Out of sheer panic, I harshly shoved him out of my way and continued running. "Hey!" he screamed after me. After a few seconds, I heard his rapid footsteps following me. I forced myself to keep going even though I could barely breathe, and my legs and lungs burned.
     I eventually lost him and came upon a closed and locked door. There was no telling for sure if that was where Stiles was being held, but I had to take a chance. I pulled and pushed and kicked at the door, but it wouldn't budge. Tears welled up in my eyes out of pure frustration. Then I remembered the bobby pin in my hair. I yanked it out of my hair and slightly bent it. I tried shoving it into the keyhole, but it wouldn't fit because of the little plastic balls covering the ends of it. I used my teeth to pry them off in one swift motion and spit out the extra plastic.
     Once one end was in the keyhole, I carelessly jiggled it around and tried to remember how to do it. I had only picked a lock once before this, and it had been a long time ago. Right as I was about to give up and try something different, the click of the lock echoed through the dark hall.
     I grabbed onto the doorknob and pulled the door open. Inside sat Stiles who was bound at the wrists with rope. His face had multiple cuts and bruises, and his clothes were ripped and dirty.
     "Stiles!" I exclaimed as I ran over to him. Stiles looked at me with tired eyes.
     "Alex, you shouldn't be here. You could get hurt," Stiles mumbled. I just rolled my eyes and started untying the coarse rope.
     "Hey!" a voice behind me yelled. All of a sudden, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Stiles. He forcefully spun me around and got uncomfortably close to my face. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I felt the cold tip of a knife against my stomach. My breath hitched in the back of my throat. His fiery eyes reminded me of my dad's, and my confidence instantly shrunk down to the size of a grain of rice. I could tell he knew how nervous I was, and that made him smile. "Aww how sweet! Look at you! You tried so hard to save your brother, but you failed. You must feel terrible!" he taunted as he slowly twisted the knife. A searing pain cut through my chest, and I let out a pained shriek.
     "Don't hurt her," Stiles croaked out behind us.
     "Oh yeah? And what will happen if I do?" he asked. Before I knew it, I was being spun around to face Stiles and the knife was against my throat. He had a fistful of my hair so I couldn't move. I tightly shut my eyes and tried to figure out what I could do. There was something that would definitely work, but I really didn't want to do it. As I opened my eyes, I saw Stiles. He was mentally and physically in pain, and I realized that I had no choice. I felt the familiar feeling of my dagger slip down my sleeve and into my hand from thin air. This could go very wrong very quickly, so I just had to be quicker.
     I took one more look at Stiles, took a deep breath, and plunged the dagger into my attacker. The knife fell from his hands, and he slumped to the floor in pain. I willed the dagger to disappear then hurried over to Stiles. I finished untying the rope and helped him up.
     "Can you walk?" I asked him.
     "Yeah, I'll be fine," he insisted. I still kept one arm around his middle just in case. We slowly made our way back through the hallways and up the stairs. My eyes darted around, making sure we wouldn't encounter someone else.
     Right as we stepped outside, I helped Stiles into the car and collapsed to the ground. I looked up at Stiles, who had fainted the second he sat down in the car. The adrenaline coursing through my veins prevented the pain of the slash on my stomach until now. I didn't let any tears fall. Instead, I took out my phone and texted the whole pack saying that I had Stiles outside. I then shoved my phone back into my pocket and passed out on the ground next to the car.

Author's Note - hello!!! I know that I haven't been updating that often, and I didn't have school today, so I decided to write 2 chapters today! I hope you liked them!!!
Stay safe and I love you!!