Chapter 1

[ note: it may seem like there's a specific order to the point of views in this third-person multiple story, but there actually is none. as you will be able to tell further into the book, some of the point of views in the "order" will be missing. that is because i either ran out of ideas for that specific point of view that will fit in with the storyline, or i had an idea but it was an extremely short chapter that was better off being deleted. ]

ADAM MET HIS FRIENDS AT THEIR USUAL SPOT. It was shaded from the sun thanks to a huge oak tree that towered over it, there was a trash bin fairly close by, and a picturesque bench sat by the trunk of the tree. Adam was hoping to snag a spot on the bench to sit and eat his lunch in peace. It was also two people on that bench with the other three left on the grass. Not that Adam minded the grass- he just preferred the bench.

Once he has reached there, though, Jess was already stretched across the wood, taking up the whole seat from head to toe. "Oh, hey, Adam." She smiled deviously. "Sorry, no room for you today."

"Are you kidding me?" Adam groaned. "Mr. Olatunji dumped me a ton of homework for today already!"

She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, not gonna believe that excuse again. A load of homework that, knowing you, will be completed in a matter of minutes, is not related to a free spot on the bench. How much homework did he actually give you?"

"Like, five worksheets to finish from class since he only gave us five minutes for each one, a set of flashcards for proof of study, and a note packet that felt pretty heavy," Adam said. "I swear to God, he's trying to give us study halls. There's a whole stack on his desk that are just waiting to be passed out. He gave us like, ten worksheets last Monday and I had a football game after school! And this one time, he gave us two tests to study for in the same week but didn't tell us until the day before, and-" He froze. "Wait. None of this matters."

Jess laughed, folding her hands on her chest. "Glad you noticed, dummy."

Adam sat down in front of her, taking out the sack lunch he had packed himself. "Don't you have a lunch?"

Jess shook her head, her amber eyes trained on the green leaves that shaded them from the sun. "Nick owes me."

"What did you two bet on this time?" Adam asked, feeling excited after he had experienced previous bets between the pair that were very entertaining from him. Well, some. They were only entertaining when they didn't involve him and his girlfriend of two years, Alesa.

"We bet that Ms. Sugg and Mr. Deyes would get caught kissing in a supply closet again by someone," Jess said casually, flicking a leaf away. "He said they wouldn't, I said they would."

"Who caught them?" Adam asked.

"Nicole Von Rosenburg," Jess said. "Apparently she was sent during art class to get some construction paper when she caught them."

Adam laughed. "And now Nick owes you a lunch."

Jess smirked. "Oh, yeah."

Once their other friends had arrived, Nick carrying Jess's lunch along with his, they were all eating happily under the shade of the tree's bushy leaves, making lively conversation about various topics.

Shelby Grace's hair, the tips dyed a lighter shade of brown than the roots, tumbled just past her shoulders. Her eyes, a ring of brown encircling flecks of gold, darted quickly between Cory Crater and Nick Nahrebiab [ Nah-reh-bee-ahb ], the two she was sitting between.

Cory Crater's lips were turned up in their usual smirk, contrasting Nick Nahrebiab's constant smile. The two were polar opposites; Cory wore black jeans, black shoes, and a black, leather jacket, was quite rough around the edges, and made sarcastic remarks at almost anything, while Nick wore loose, baggy clothes, was the most optimistic person Adam knew, and tended to care for others more than himself.

Jessica Xineoh didn't like to draw attention to herself in the halls, yet she still joined the cheerleading team and became captain. Her closet was a sea of purples and grays, two colors that went with her glossy, black hair and pale skin. Jess's eyes were a similar shade to Shelby's, except hers included more gold than brown.

As they amused themselves by making fun of their teachers, some of the cheerleaders on the cheerleading team, and modern-day trends, Adam found himself forgetting about his problems as he laughed and made crazy comparisons and cracked horrible jokes.

Yet the annoying bell that signalled the end of lunch still rang, and Adam felt his heart sink. Not only did Adam feel upset because lunch was over, but also because the school day was ending.

People would call him crazy for being sad that the school day was ending, but things at home, for Adam, weren't the best.

He quickly plastered a smile on his face as a hand was waved in front of him.

"Hello? Adam, are you even listening?" Shelby asked, walking a little ahead of him on their way to their next class, which they, luckily, shared.

"Y-Yeah, sorry." Adam scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "I got distracted."

Shelby raised an eyebrow. "Well, don't get distracted in class. You know how mad Mr. Deyes gets when people don't pay attention in his class."

Adam sighed, dragging his sneakers on the floor. "I don't know why I chose film as an elective. I already know how to do all this from last year."

"Well, I'm glad you chose it," Shelby said, smiling. "You would've left me alone to suffer if you hadn't."

Adam smirked at her. "I would've gladly left you alone to suffer."

Shelby let out a loud gasp. "Rude!"

Adam snickered as he quickly took his seat, taking out a notebook and a pencil.

Shelby took the seat next to him, getting out her supplies, as well. She glared at him. "I'll get you back for that, some day."

Adam lazily flipped his notebook open to a new page. "In your dreams, Megan."

"Class, please take your seats," came the voice of Mr. Deyes, "and open your notebook to a new page. Today, we will be discussing a much-requested topic, which I'll refer to using the title given to it by the modern-day audience: clickbait."

Great. Adam rolled his eyes, already thinking of something new to draw highly sophisticated stick figures, which took extreme skill and practice to master, in his notebook. At least I have Shelby.

»»--------¤--------««

hoi hope you enjoyed! thanks for reading this, i'm very excited to write it! 

however, im a very busy person, so i try to update all of my books (including this one) weekly, on fridays.

you're all awesome, thanks to some of you for waiting patiently after my first attempt of writing a sky media fanfiction, and i hope this book will meet your expectations.

(+ please read the whole description, people not doing that was a reason why i unpublished my first attempt at this)

 - phoenix :)