Chapter One: The Beginning of the end

"Ahaha!~ I'm the Hero!"

"Kesesese! I'm so awesome!~"

"Pasta! Ve~"

"Become one with Mother Russia, da?"

"Onhonhon!~"

"Get away from me you frog!"

"So, like, I got this totally fabulous thing yesterday..."

Germany held his face in his hands; so far, this meeting had been going like any other they'd ever had; in complete and utter chaos. He sighed and raised his voice. "QUIET!" He yelled, slamming his hands onto the meeting table loudly. "What a load of Dummkopfs." He thought frustratedly. Everyone fell silent.

"Thankyou." Germany sighed tiredly.

"Now, let us discuss the current economy of-"

"Aw dude! That stuff's so boring!" America complained loudly.

"QUIET AMERICA!" Germany snapped at him. He really wanted to go home already and have a beer. but of course the world had decided it was going to be against him today. Quite literally, in this case.

He sighed once again and closed his eyes as France and England proceeded to try and strangle each other, and the general fighting started once more.

That was the World Meeting twenty-five years ago. Now, everything had changed. Germany even wished that he could go back to that chaos, the friendly fighting between nations. Anything would be better than this, this hopeless situation they were in now.

The 'Hero' had officially lost it. something had happened to him, no-one could tell exactly what, and he had changed, and no-one could tell exactly why.

It had started when Alfred had apparently dyed his hair a darker colour. It seemed like his personality had darkened too, since then.

Now, all America wanted was power, and world domination.

And he had claimed it alright. All but a few of the smallest countries, which he deemed 'unworthy of his time' had been brutally and cruelly invaded, and taken control of.

Snapping back to the present time, Germany's attention was turned to the television as America's image now appeared on the screen. He wore shades and brandished a baseball bat, the end of which was studded with many nails, and it was stained with the blood of anyone unfortunate enough to fall victim to this weapon.

There was a giant American flag in the background hanging up behind him. He had a cruel smirk on his face as he stepped up to the platform to speak.

"Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, and Countries of the American Empire." He smirked into the camera confidently.

"As you may know, this year is the Twenty-fith Annual Hunger Games, or - as I have decided to call it - The first Quarter Quell. And I have decided that this year, there will be a special rule - that is, all of the tributes for this year will be countries!" There was a collective gasp from the audience around him.

"A... very convenient way to eliminate my enemies... don't you agree people?" He looked around for a reaction, and when he recieved none, became angered. "I said don't you agree, MY people?!"He roared, this time gaining a hasty response from the crowd as they applauded him. America looked back into the camera and grinned maliciously.

"So, countries, I'll give you some time to think about that announcement until you're ready. Oh, and don't even think that the fact that you cannot be killed will help you... I think you'll find that when I took over your nations, you all became as mortal as humans!"