Chapter 2: The predefined Reaping: Part One

Author Note: Lithuania Will be Fem! In this story. (Update: Decided to leave all the Fem! Countries out after all. Makes more sense)
I'm sorry if anyone's OOC in this, e.e (Particularly Italy... And Romano... and yeah)

..................................................

All over the world, the nations were watching their television sets with bated breath as they waited to see who would be announced for the Hunger Games.

In Scotland's house, (For England had destroyed his TV) England, Ireland and Scotland switched on the television in anticipation of what was to come.
In Germany's house, Germany, Italy and Japan were sitting together on the couch, whilst a commercial played before the news.
In Prussia's bedroom of Germany's house, the Bad Touch Trio were lounging on the large bed there, staring at the large screen television set situated on the wall. Romano sat too, with his arms crossed and a glare on his face.
They appeared casual and indifferent to the situation, but each one of them knew that this annoucement could change their lives... Forever.

The screen flickered to life automatically on every television set, in every household in the world.
On the screen appeared a blonde-haired newsreader, clutching some papers nervously.
She looked up at the camera, seemingly realising that it was turned on, and looked flustered.
"W-wait! the camera's on?!" She dropped the papers in surprise, and bent over to pick them up.
Someone yelled from off set, "Hurry up! You're on, idiot!"
The newsreader hastily sat back in her seat. She then got up and ran behind the camera, she then yelled back at the person off set.
"But I don't get it! I don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing...!"

"Just... READ the papers!"

Looking like she had likely been shoved by the unknown person, who was lurking offscreen, the newsreader huffed and stumbled back onto the set. She sat in the chair at the desk, and composed herself, before speaking up.
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I am the personification of Hull, and I am here today live from America, to bring you news of this year's annual Hunger Games' tributes!"
She took one of the sheets of paper, and said, "Oh, and don't forget people! This year is the fifth annual Hunger Games, so this time it's going to be special! This year, all of the tributes are going to be countries, isn't that exciting?"
"So without further ado, let's announce the tributes."

Italy subconsciously moved closer to Germany as Hull began to read the names off of the sheet.

"In no particular order, the twenty-four tributes are..."

Her eyes scrutinized the paper, picking out a random name.

"Ivan Braginsky, the personification of Russia."

Somewhere within Siberia, Ivan smiled sadly and looked at the floor.

"Matthew Williams, the personification of Canada."

Matthew clutched Kumajirou tightly and stared at the screen.

"Kiku Honda, the personification of Japan."

Italy gasped as Japan nodded wordlessly, accepting the fact that he had been chosen.
"B-but Kiku!-"
"No need to say anything, Feliciano-San." Japan quietly said.
Italy fell silent as the next person was announced.

"Ludwig Beilschmidt, the personification of Germany."

Italy flung himself at Germany, and sobbed uncontrollably.
"No! Germany!" He cried into his shirt.
Germany sighed awkwardly, and patted his back in an attempt to comfort the sobbing nation.
"Shh, Feliciano. We cannot change the situation even if we wanted to."
Feliciano nodded and wiped his tears away. A determined look came over his face.