Chapter 3: The predefined Reaping: Part Two

Due to popular demand, Finny's not being genderbent ;D
As a side note, the only 'accent' I will be writing in is Sweden's, and that's not exactly an 'accent' per se.
Anyway, you should know how they speak, more or less. ^-^
Sorry about the extremely long time since the last update, I had bad writer's block... XC 
Still not happy about the quality of the chapter, so please tell me of any typos or any improvements I could make c:

__________________________________________________________________________

Hull sighed as she sipped her coffee, leafing through the papers in her grasp, and ran a hand through her blonde hair.
"Five minutes until we go live." Her co-worker, known as Sara, called to her. She nodded in acknowledgement.
"Oh, also? America says he will make an appearance at the end of the tribute announcements." Sara added. 
"Fine." Hull sighed, before gathering up the things ready for broadcast.

-----------*Time skip brought to you by Canadian maple syrup pancakes!*-----------

After lunch break, the nations returned to their previous locations to resume watching the reaping.

"Good Day ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the announcement of the tributes. I'm going to start reading them now."
And with that began the list of the twelve remaining tributes.

"Natalya Alovskaya, the personification of Belarus."

Natalya grinned, and ran her fingers over the cold metal of the knives she held, feeling the sharpened edge.
'I'm coming big brother' she thought with glee. 'I won't let anyone else claim you but me. Even if it means I have to kill.'

"Berwald Oxenstierna, the personification of Sweden."

Finland looked at Berwald worriedly.
Sweden shook his head. "T'is 'k." He assured. Finland nodded, and they turned back to the television.

"Yao Wang, the personification of China."

"Aiyah...." China mumbled, his panda obliviously chewing bamboo leaves beside him.

"Lukas Bondevik, the personification of Norway."

"Emil Steilsson, the personification of Iceland."

Norway and Iceland shared a look.
Iceland's puffin spoke up.
"You better not leave me behind, you jerks."
Emil let out a shaky laugh. "Of course not, Mr Puffin."

"Tino Väinämönen, the personification of Finland."

Finland looked up at Sweden. "Well at least I'll be with you." he smiled. Inside, he could only think of the fact that one of them would inevitably have to die.
"Ja." Berwald mumbled. He took Tino's hand in his own.
"I'll pr'tect you."
Tino nodded and smiled.
"Thank you."
Berwald grunted in reply, and turned back to the television.

"Peter Kirkland, the personification of Sealand."

Tino gritted his teeth, and his mouth set in an angry line. "They can't do this." He hissed. "He's too young!"
Berwald nodded. "Th't 'Merica B*st*rd w'll g't what's c'ming to h'm soon enough."
Tino shook his head. "However soon it is, it won't be soon enough." He looked worried. "How are we possibly supposed to tell him this? He's with Wy right now..." He trailed off.
"Don't w'rry." Berwald replied. "W'll th'nk of someth'ng."

"Mathias Køhler, personification of Denmark."

"Lily Vogel, personification of Liechtenstein."

"Katyusha Braginskaya, personification of Ukraine."

Quiet sobbing could be heard from the room in which Katyusha was watching the broadcast. Other than that, the aforementioned nations were not at home, and would not know about the announcements until the inevitable time later, when they returned home, only to receive bad news.

Prussia by this point was pacing around the room. Only one more tribute to be listed, and he had not been chosen yet.
"Prussia." Spain said. Prussia looked at him expectantly. Spain continued "If you aren't chosen, it means you're back here safe. We can't all survive you know, and the less of us there, the less of us that will have to die."
"Spain, I don't want to hear it." Prussia snapped back at him. How could he possibly understand? Spain had seen many countries leave him; he never thought again about them. 'No' he thought. 'He did. It pained him to see them leave. But he let them; it was their choice after all.'
"I'm sorry Gilbert." Spain muttered.
"No Toni, I'm sorry. I know you care about me, but I couldn't bear to have one of you, or both of you die,and be the last one remaining, here, knowing that I could have had at least a chance to help you." There were hints of tears in his eyes now. "I know it's selfish but..."
"No." Spain said quietly. "It's okay."
Prussia nodded. He grinned. "Anyway, I know you're both too awesome to die!" Spain smiled. "Si." He replied.
"Hey." France called. "They're about to announce the last tribute!"
They watched with eager eyes as Hull read off the last name.

"Gilbert Beilschmidt, personification of Prussia."

There were mutters among the audience. Some were angry. Prussia, the ex-nation? Being chosen for a deathmatch involving only nations? If someone from thirty years ago were to witness this day, they would be severely shocked by the pure bloodthirst of the country's citizens. 
But there were cheers from the building that housed the trio.
"Look at us." France laughed. "We must be insane. We all basically just got sentenced to death, and what do we do? We laugh and cheer, of course."
To which Prussia replied, "Well if we're gonna die, might at well do it awesomely!"
"Hear hear!" Spain shouted.

At the end of the long list of 24 tributes, America appeared once more on the television.
"Well citizens." He grinned. "Now you know this year's tributes. And a message to the tributes: You have the rest of the day to prepare for the trip to the Capitol, as first thing tomorrow, you shall leave."

Those words left one thought in the nation's minds:
And that was that most of them would never return.

...............................................................
So... short chapter, ORZ
Anyway, there are the tributes, any that surprise you?
Sorry again for the sucky chapter xc
And the long writer's block time xD