MY WOLF

Liam awoke to the sound of water running, his body burned in agony as he attempted to move, he heard a faint humming before something cold and wet was placed over his stinging wounds causing him to growl and flinch from the pain. He opened his eyes, his vision was slightly blurry as he stared up into the familiar blue eyes he had come to love.

Ashley jumped back surprised by the wolf's reaction as she placed a hand slowly on its head stroking the soft wet fur, Liam raised his head up enough to gently lick her frozen hands frowning at how cold she was. He gazed up into her shocked expression before attempting to rise only to collapse once more to the ground in a pained whimper.

"No! You need to rest" Ashley soothed stroking his fur. He looked at her full of compassion and whined when she with-drew her hand wanting to be close to her as used to be. Ashley giggled and continued to cleanse his wounds, watching his eyes tighten closed in pain as he fought the urge to howl.

Once she was done Ashley strode back inside the house and returned with a meal of dead rabbits for him to eat. Liam sniffed at the food sensing the warm flesh and eagerly bit into the animal as he realised how hungry he was. Ashley laughed as his eyes lit up and he dove eagerly into the rabbit glad she had purchased some from a butcher that morning on her way home from school.

Liam watched as she re-entered the house he was grateful to her for looking after him even though she believed he was just a wolf anf was determined to get better and bring her memories back. He looked around at the cage happy at the amount of space inside, finishing his meal he attempted to stand up and move around the cage detetmined to reclaim his mate.

Late that night Ashley threw on her black cloak and entered into the night, Liam watched her go whining in confusion at her departure as he anxiously paced his cage limping from the agony of his wounds he waited patiently for her to return anxiously staring off into the night.

Ashley ran off through the trees, the scents of rabbits and squirrels filled her nose as she searched hungrily for something to drink. She had become accustomed to her new desire for blood and feasted only upon animals not wanting to harm the people she cared aboit most. Sinking her fangs into the flesh of a squirrel she had caught she drank the blood eagerly savouring the metallic taste as it ran down her throat.

Satisfied she returned to be greeted by an anxious wolf who yapped at her return and licked her hand in fond greeting "Hey there, dont tell anyone i left" she winked before entering the house again.