Chapter 3:

Angele's POV

"Hey mom, Hayes invited me over to chill with Skylynn and him, is that alright?" I asked as I stepped down the stairs and into our new living room.

"That's fine. Check in periodically."

"Always."

I turned and made my way back up the stairs. I stepped into my room and pulled out an outfit down from the closet. I grabbed the towel off the door hanger and made my way to the small bathroom in between my room and my brothers. I laid my outfit on the counter and made my way toward the shower.

The shower curtain screeched slightly as I pulled it shut. I turned to water on as hot as it possibly could go, knowing that the child-lock my parents had installed would keep the water from burning me. I slipped out of my under garments and pulled Hayes' over sized t-shirt over my head. I stepped into the shower and sighed as the hot water ran across my body. I pulled my hair up and let it drape over my shoulder, allowing the water to hit my shoulder blades, as I poured some of my almond shea butter shampoo into my hand before lathering it on my hair. I rinsed my hair quickly before the water could go cold from someone turning on the sink downstairs. 

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping my body in a soft white towel and wrapping my hair up in a separate towel. I made my way over to the sink and brushed my teeth. I unwrapped the towel from my body and pulled on my new set of undergarments followed by my maroon high waisted jeans and my black halter crop top. I grabbed my towel as I made my way out of the bathroom and to my bedroom. I applied a little BB cream and mascara before slipping on my gray converse. 

"Mom, I'm heading out! I'll be back before dinner!"

"Have fun!"

I stepped outside on the porch, slipping my phone in my back pocket. I made my way down the driveway, squinting to avoid the bright sun rays. I should've grabbed my sunglasses.  I shrugged, ignoring my thoughts. I smiled as I made my way down the street and rounded the corner, stepping into Hayes' driveway. 

The house my parents had bought a few weeks prior ended up not being big enough so we had to move a few blocks. I wasn't complaining though. This house was closer to Hayes' and was larger so none of us five kids had to share a room anymore. 

I turned the handle on the front door slowly. Unlocked. I grinned and stepped inside. I had been gotten after by Elizabeth too many times for just knocking. She thought that it was rude because she counted me as family and she would never make her family knock and wait for someone to let them inside.

"ANGELE!" Skylynn came running over to the front door.

"Hey, Sky." I smiled down at her as I closed the door.

"Hayes is still asleep." She groaned.

I chuckled, "I figured as much."

"He didn't even wake up to make me breakfast like mom said to last night."

"Oh dear. We can't have you go hungry now can we?"

"Nope." She replied looking frustrated at her brother.

"Should we make pancakes?"

"Waffles!" 

I laughed, "Waffles it is." 

SKylynn grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen.

"The flour and sugar are in the pantry and the eggs are in the fridge, obviously. The Mickey Mouse Waffle maker is in the cupboard above the stove." She was bouncing with excitement.

"Sounds good. Can you grab the dry ingredients and I'll grab the wet ones and the waffle maker?"

"Yes ma'am." She skipped off toward the pantry her blonde hair swinging by her waist.

I tiptoed as I opened the cupboard doors and pulled down the waffle maker. I hummed quietly to myself as I grabbed the eggs, milk, and butter from the fridge. I made my way to the spice cupboard and pulled down the bottle of vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Skylynn came back into the kitchen, the bag of flour in hand. 

"I'll get the mixer!" She squatted down and pulled the hand mixer out from under the oven. 

She placed it on the counter and turned around, grabbing a bowl from the dishwasher. She placed the bowl on the counter and pushed it toward me, "There you go, Angele."

"Thank you, love." 

"Yep. Now let's make some waffles!!"

"Let's make some waffles." I grinned.