Chapter 4:

Hayes' POV

I woke up to smell of waffles. I took in a deep breath and smiled. Mom didn't end up running errands after all. I smiled.

I stretched and slid out of bed. I made my way toward the bathroom and turned on the shower water close to full blast hot but not quite reaching that point, trying to avoid getting burned. I stepped into the shower and began lathering my hair with soap. I rinsed quickly and shut off the water. 

I stepped out of the shower wrapping the lower half of my body in a towel. I grabbed a second towel and ran it through my hair quickly before setting it over my shoulders. I opened the door and turned off the light, leaving the fan on. I walked down the stairs quickly and rounded the corner into the kitchen.

"Morning." I said heading straight for the fridge, not paying attention to who was present.

"Hayes! Clothes!!" I heard a familiar voice shriek.

I chuckled, "I am fully covered." 

"I don't care! What if that were to fall?" Angele asked tapping her foot, a spatula in her right hand and her lips pursed slightly.

"Then you and Sky would be scarred and I would put it back on." I grinned. I closed the fridge door and walked toward her. I placed my hand around her waist and pulled her toward me. I leaned in for a kiss.

"Nope! Not until you are fully dressed." Angele stated placing the spatula between my mouth and her. 

"You're ridiculous." I laughed as I turned around and made my way back up the stairs and toward my bedroom. I stepped inside and pulled out a pair of boxers and jeans from my dresser drawers and made my way to the closet. I pulled out a plain white t-shirt and slipped into the clothes, leaving the towels on the floor. 

I made my way back downstairs and into the kitchen for the second time that morning.

"Better?" I asked smiling at my girl.

"Yep." She tiptoed and pecked my lips.

"That's all?" 

She smirked before turning her attention back to the waffle maker.

"Uh uh. I went and got dressed for this, it better be good." I pulled her back toward me. I pulled her into me and leaned down kissing her softly.

"Um not trying to interrupt anything but can you guys wait my waffles are going to burn." Skylynn called from the counter.

I pulled away from Angele and rolled my eyes.

She chuckled, "Yeah, Hayes. Wait." She smiled and pulled the waffle lid open.

I stepped behind her and wrapped my hand around the spatula.

"Hayes, I can make waffles on my own, thank you."

"You're awful in the morning." I laughed.

"Don't be mean to Angele! She's doing the job that mom assigned you to do." Skylynn called.

"You're awful too." I laughed as I ruffled her hair.

*********

I flopped on the couch next to Angele and stretched my arm over her shoulders. She grinned and leaned into my side. I moved my hand from the couch so it was on her waist. 

"Don't fall asleep, you two. Moana is the best." 

"We won't, Sky." Angele smiled.

There was a sharp tap on the front door.

I looked down at Angele, "Are you expecting anyone?"

"No. Maybe it's Daniel?" She responded.

"Daniel doesn't knock, he either just walks in or comes in through my window." I stood up and made my way over to the door. I looked out the peep hole before opening it.

I opened the door slowly. A girl that was slightly taller was standing on the porch. She had shoulder length hair that was in tight curls and a Luke Bryan concert tshirt with a pair of jeans. 

"May I help you?" I asked.

"Yeah actually, I heard that Angele was here. Can I see her please?"

"Who is it, babe?" Angele asked standing beside me, Sklynn following behind her. She turned her head and looked out the door.

"Hey you." The girl on the porch smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" Angele pushed past me slightly and embraced the girl in a tight hug.

"Well, at least we know she's not a kidnapper." Skylynn smiled up at me. 

"Something like that." I chuckled, looking down at her.

I cleared my throat.

"Oh right. Hayes, this is Serena, Serena, this is Hayes." Angele said gesturing from me to Serena and vise versa.

I stuck my hand out, "Nice to meet you."

Serena shook my hand, saying nothing. 

"Okay then." Angele smiled slowly. 

"Just come inside already." Skylynn threw her hands up.

"This must be the famous Skylynn." Serena grinned.

"Mhmm." Angele nodded, stepping into the house once again.

I laced my hand with hers and we made our way to the living room, Serena and Skylynn following.

"Skylynn is watching Moana and Hayes and I are gonna go hang out on the back patio if you want to join us." Angele called to Serena.

"That's alright. I'm just going to hang out with Skylynn." 

"Sounds good. Keeda is in the kitchen and Zan is upstairs, I think." Angele smiled.

"Sweet!" Serena grinned.