Chapter 5:

Angele's POV

I slid open the back door and stepped onto the wooden patio. I took a deep breath appreciating the clean air that we lacked back in San Antonio. The birds chirped quietly in the distance. 

"Did you know she was coming?" Hayes' voice rang out as the door  slid closed.

"No clue." 

"Didn't your mom say that you could only go on tour if Serena came with?"

"Yes." 

"Maybe that's why she came out."

"Maybe." I shrugged.

I walked over to the railing and placed my hands on top of it. I closed my eyes and listened. I could hear the sound of boats' engines on the lake and the sounds of people laughing. I smiled slightly. I felt strong arms wrap around my waist. I leaned back into Hayes' warm embrace. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head softly.

The door slid open and Keeda came speeding out,  Zan following close behind. I turned my head to find Serena and Skylynn walking through the open doorway.

"Hey girlies." I grinned. 

"What you guys up to?" Serena asked smirking.

"Just standing here." I stuck my tongue out. 

"Hmm. Sure." Serena said, the disbelief evident. 

"You're ridiculous." I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"I learn from the best."

Hayes pulled away and stood next to me. I turned my head so I was looking at him and smiled. He grinned, making my heart flutter.

"I'm going to to the tree house." Skylynn skipped down the stairs. She took off toward the small grove of trees, her blonde hair bouncing with every step. 

"She's so cute." Serena stated as she made her way over to the railing. 

"That she is." I agreed.

"She is but she's a pain." Hayes added, chuckling. 

"So are you." I bumped him with my hip lightly.

Hayes stuck his tongue out. I did the same to him.

"You guys are cute, but it's gross." Serena stated. 

"I don't know whether to be flattered or offended." I chuckled.

Serena shrugged.

"So not that I'm not happy that you're here, but why are you here?"

"I believe I was invited on a tour with you two love birds." Serena turned so she was looking at me.

"So you're going?" 

"I believe that is what I just said."

I squealed and wrapped her in a hug. This was going to be great.