05.

Louis is astonished.

    They keep kissing.

    “How do you know so much about me?” Harry’s lips are ghosting over his and his hands are cupped on cold cheeks and Harry wonders why Louis is holding his breath.

    “Not now,” Louis kisses him again. “Just keep kissing me. Please.”

    Harry doesn’t hesitate to do so.

    His head is clouded with thoughts and questions but the only things he can focus on is cool, thin lips moving in sync with his.

    He figures that’s the only thing that matters right now.

    They go back to Harry and Zayn’s apartment.

    Zayn isn’t there, and Harry thanks the Gods above for that.

    “You’re beautiful,” Harry kisses down pale skin. “Why wouldn’t you want to meet me sooner?” He asks this question as he places light kisses to Louis’ neck, who shakes his head. “I wasn’t able to.”

    This catches Harry’s attention. He straddles Louis’ lap and plays with his fingers and looks curiously down at him. “Why not?”

    “I wasn’t allowed to, per se.”

    “Why?”

    “Kiss me again, I don’t know how much longer you’ll be able to.”

    Harry doesn’t. “How much longer? What, are you just going to fuck me then leave? Is that your game, Louis?” He spats his name like it’s venom on his tongue and climbs from his bed and tugs on his t-shirt.

    Louis is desperate whenever he says, “you don’t understand, Harry. Please hear me out!”

    “Was this your plan all along? To string me along and make me fall in love with sweet words and dumb quotes and you listing every possible thing in my life that my best friend doesn’t even know of? How the fuck do you know so much about me?”

    “I’ve been watching over you for years, Harry.”

    “Are you some sort of fucking stalker, then?”

    “I’ve been watching over you since I died 5 years ago to protect you and you’re my soulmate, not those shit guys you date. It’s me. Always has been. And it sounds like a shit lie but it isn’t and why can you not believe that?”

    Harry has had enough. “Leave, damnit! Stop making up these fucking excuses and just get the hell out of my apartment and stop following me and sending those stupid letters.”

    Louis stays in place.

    Harry punches the wall.

    When he turns back around, knuckles aching and chest tightened, Louis is gone.

    He never even heard him leave.