06.

Harry is drinking in the empty tub.

    It’s one in the morning, and he’s been drinking since Louis left around ten pm.

    He misses Louis.

    He drinks some more.

    “You’re going to drink yourself to death, Harry.”

    Harry’s head whips around so fast, his neck hurts. There, sitting on the toilet with his hands clasped on his lap, is Louis.

    “You can’t tell me what to do,” he slurs, waving the bottle in front of Louis who grabs it, eyes widening at his grip on the bottle.

    “I feel tired,” says Harry.

    “Take a shower, first. It’ll help you sober up a bit.” And then Louis is setting the bottle down on the counter and pulling Harry to his feet and tugging at the hem of his shirt. “Arms up.”

    Harry lazily obliges and lets his items of clothing be tugged off one by one, tossed onto the floor. His black briefs are kept on, though, because Louis respects people.

    The water is lukewarm and Harry is standing under the stream, starting to fall over.

    Louis holds him up.

    “Will you wash my hair?”

    And with green eyes staring at him, bottom lip puckered out, who was Louis to say no?

    He strips to his boxers, steps into the shower behind him, and grabs the shampoo.

    Louis washes his hair, and then massages down his body with a sponge, and then Harry kisses him.

    It leads to a blowjob.

    Rinsing off Harry once more, Louis shuts off the water and steps out, retrieving two towels from under the sink. Wrapping one around himself, he wraps the fluffy one (with Harry’s name stitched into it) around Harry and holds his hand tight as he tugs him to the bedroom.

    “You’re beautiful,” are the first words out of Harry’s mouth once he’s dried off and in pajamas and laying on his bed. Louis is beside him, running his fingers down Harry’s jaw.

    “I died five years ago,” says Louis.

    “How is that even possible?”

    “Most people don’t get a chance like this, you know. I’m one of the lucky ones, and the one that’s meant for me is the only one that can see me.”

    “I’m meant for you?”

    “You’re my soulmate. Everyone has a soulmate, and if one dies before they meet, it doesn’t get transferred to another person or some shit. That person will become your guardian angel, and your protector, and it wasn’t until a few months ago that I found an ability to stay here, on Earth, and be able to touch and hold objects. Like the pen I wrote you with. But it comes and goes, and that’s why I cherish being able to touch you while I can.”

    “That’s confusing.”

    “Just get some rest, love.” Louis kisses his head, pats his cheek.

    “You know,” Harry starts, just as his eyes are slipping shut, “I really don’t believe in love at first sight, but maybe that’s changed because of you.”

    And then Harry is sleeping, and before he drifts off, he thinks that the apartment doesn’t seem as empty tonight as it usually does, even when Zayn is in the next room.