Chapter 1

Chapter. 1

Shaky breaths. I look deep into the trees, it was so green. Each leaf was individual, almost like people. Leaves were better. Leaves can't be evil and ruin the world, they make it better. I was sitting in a bright yellow cab, my bags in the truck and under my eyes. A warm hoodie was pressed against my ivory vanilla scented skin. My lips were dry and cracked. I had wished I would have put my lip balm in my pocket. I took a deep breath, the air was filled with moisture. I looked up to see a victorian style lavender house. It was super creepy, I imagined the worst. Maybe I'd be raped by a ghost or something. I chuckled to myself and rolled my eyes at my own humor. I stepped out one foot at a time, an older woman sat outside. Her light blonde hair was tied into a bun, she wore a tight fitting corset dress with long button up boots that hardly showed under her dress. I tried not to notice the scowl on her face, she had looked as if she had eaten sour candy a few minutes before. She looked strict, honestly that was the last thing I needed.

I grabbed my bags out of the truck and began up the long drive way as the gates closed. Every step I took my heart raced a little faster. "Miss Violet Amara?" she said her facial expression never changed. I bit my lip and nodded slightly, I looked down to my feet. I felt underdressed and a bit shy. She opened the door and allowed me to step in. Black marble floors shined in my eye sight. The walls were a crimson red with a black circular staircase. A big white chandelier shined just above the ceiling. The house looked old but still definitely a looker. "I'll give you a tour later on, for now I will allow you to unpack. Your room in the third door on the right. I climbed up the stairs and opened the door." I was welcomed to a spacious room with black wall along with a plain white full sized bed in the back. A window was placed behind the bed, the woods could be seen from the view. I sit down on the bed and close my eyes, allowing myself to relax.

I opened the large red duffle bag, it smelled like my home. I'm not supposed to miss it, but I do. I felt my heart begin to ache, all I wanted was to laying in under my baby blue comforter. Unfortunately I didn't have any friends to miss, but I was just dandy where I was. I sucked in a deep mouthful of air and closed my eyes. I picked up a large handful of clothing and stuffed it in the first drawer of the wooden dresser. I had a lump in my throat, it felt impossible to swallow.

...................................................................................................................

"Violet, darling come down stairs please" her voice rang. I started down the circular black staircase until I reached the marble floor. Her sour face was still placed on to her fragile skull. Her hands were intertwined behind her back. "There are a few rules to note, before you get too comfortable." I nodded slightly uncomfortable.

"Rule one, No stealing once so ever,

Rule two, do not disturb me after precisely 9:30 pm.

Rule three, if you need something, come to me

Rule four, you will be attending a fancy Academy

Rule five, you do not leave this house after exactly 11:59pm.

I didn't bother to listen to the rest of the rules. It made me a bit curious as to such a specific curfew, but I didn't bother with questions. "You will be attending school first thing in the morning" just those words managed to give me the shudders. I nodded and hurried up the stairs. I couldn't stare into her icy blue eyes one more moment. I lightly closed the door to my bedroom and crawled under the comforter to hide myself. This couldn't be happening, I wasn't ready for this, a tear slipped from my eye. I felt sick, and homesick. It's all I ever known, why would I be taken away from all I've ever known.