Chapter 1 - Hearing Things

You sat on your couch and stared at the television that was splurring with random videos. You grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, groaning as you got up. 

You decided to go see your best friend, Star. You knocked on the door of the Diaz family, hearing yelling inside.

"Marco, I'm really freaked out! Tom bothered me all the time until y/n was last here. Now, he doesn't want anything to do with us! I'm scared for her!"

"Star, you're overreacting! Maybe after seeing that you were in good hands with me and y/n, he just backed off."

"I'm just scared for her, Marco... I don't want him to go near her..."

"I know..."

You stood there awkwardly, deciding whether or not to knock again. You gave the door another knock, harder this time, and watched your two friends open the door.

"Oh, y/n!" Star said with a big smile, "I'm so glad you're here! Girl time!" She grabbed your hand and darted upstairs, ready to have some fun. After Star gave you a pretty hair-dou and did your makeup a little bit, you, her, and Marco played video games a little bit. After winning and losing many times, you decided to make your way home.

~

You noticed that it was dark and only street lights were on. You slid your hands in your pockets and quickly allowed your legs to do all of the work to take  you home. You felt yourself begin to shiver as the temperature dropped, allowing you to see your breath. You felt an arm curl around your shoulder. 

"Cold, darling~?" You blushed a little, hearing his voice.

"T-tom! What the heck! Star said for you to leave her alone!"

"Yes, and I did. I don't desire her love any longer." he smirked, looking you in the eyes. 

"T-tom, what are  you-" you were cut off by a pair of lips meeting yours. You pushed away, your cheeks red.

"Tom, no! I'm not interested in you like that!" You heard a slight growl erupt from his throat.

"Give it time, y/n. Once I'm all you have, you'll learn to love me." He grinned, bursting into flames and disappearing from your sight.