Chapter Thirteen

Alister was unconscious, that much he knew. The last thing he remembered was his nurse stabbing a needle into his arm before all went black.

"Alister?" Called a voice. Soft and feminine, the voice beckoned him.

He opened his eyes and looked around.His hair whipped his face and floated in all direction.He was underwater but he could breathe just fine. He looked up and began swimming towards the light.

Just as he reached the surface, he heard another voice, one that he could place easily.

"Master St Claire, are you trying to drown yourself?" Betty screeched.

She wore a short black dress with a white apron and held a feather duster.

"Sorry, Betty." Alister apologised.

He was in a white bathtub with an enormous amount of bubbles and foam.Light came streaming in through a window and strewn across the tiles was what he assumed to be his clothes.

Betty picked up the clothes and put them in a hamper before bringing out a bathrobe for him. Alister stood up and got out to put it on just as she turned away. He had no time to prepare when she turned right back around and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Don't let what your father said get to you," She told him, "Master St Claire just had a bad day at work."

He didn't reply but instead, buried his head deeper in the crook of her neck. When she released him, though, Betty had become a willowy girl. She was pale and wore her long black hair in a neat braid that went down her back. Her knee length dress was white and so was the scarf she wore as a shawl. Her stormy grey eyes had a tinge of fondness in them which confused him because he had no idea who she was. Her face brought on a sense of déjà vu but that was all.

"It's been so long Alister," The girl spoke, "everyone's missed you."

He felt a pang of disappointment and heard thoughts that he wasn't his at her words.

Why can't you just say you missed me?

"It's only been a month Gwendolyn," Alister replied. So that was her name. Gwendolyn.

He was no longer in a bathroom but in a garden of some sort. There was a large oak tree with a makeshift swing which 'Gwendolyn' took a seat on. He walked (or rather, watched himself walk) behind her and began to gently push her.

They spoke about a place called 'Griffinwick' and Gwendolyn filled him in on the town gossip (he didn't know any of the people she mentioned but he watched himself nodded and make comments here and there). When they had run out of topics to discuss a lengthy silence reigned over. Then, Gwendolyn stood abruptly and kissed him. It caught him off guard, but he kissed back. When he opened his eyes, though, Gwendolyn had disappeared and he was engulfed in darkness.

It was a while before he felt himself slowly resurface. When he opened his eyes he was met by the harsh light that illuminated the room. When he tried to move his arm to block the light out he realised he couldn't. Both arms were tied down and his legs suffered the same fate.

"Oh good, you're awake." Came a cold voice from behind. Dr Xander walked into view with a clipboard and pen.

"I'm going to ask you a few questions." He stated," First could you tell me what happen in the playroom?"

It took a moment to process what he was saying. The images of his dream (was that what it was?) were still burning fresh in his mind.

The playroom.

He didn't know what had happened. He just snapped.

"You performed a spinning hook kick on Mister Fisher and then proceeded to punch him. Are you aware that he is now being treated for a broken nose, fractured arm and a concussion and that you will be suffering severe consequences?"

When Alister didn't reply he turned to write on his clipboard before calling one of the guards in.

"Send him to the IR Units and keep him there for a week." He instructed before glancing down at Alister, "Let's hope you will learn your lesson okay?"

The guard undid the buckles on his arms and legs before putting a straitjacket on him and pushing him forward.

A few twists and turns later they arrived at a pair of double doors with the words 'Isolation Room Units' printed on top. The guard opened the doors and opened one of the cells before shoving Alister in.

He took a metallic collar from his pocket and attached it to his neck. The collar made a small 'beep!'

"What's this for?" Alister asked.

The guard chuckled. "It's to keep you awake so you stay up and reflect on your actions. Every time you're about to go to sleep it will zap you and administer a dose of adrenaline."

Alister must've looked alarmed because the guard spoke once more. "If you think that's bad then wait until I leave; that's when the real fun begins. You won't be the same person when you come out."

He stood up from his crouched position and walked out of the door. The light in the room suddenly went out and then, the screaming began.

-----

A/N

For all those who are wondering why the hell there isn't a cast its because i usually like to imagine how characters look like. If you guys want I will put one up but comment on it because i won't bother otherwise.  Up top is just how i imagined the bathroom to look like btw. FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE HELLA CONFUSED AT THE ENDING OF LAST WEEKS CHAPTER I HOPE THIS ONE'S ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS I KNOW THE LAST BIT WAS A BIT RUSHED AND I'M WARNING YA'LL NOW THE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO BE ONE-PARAGRAPH-OR-SENTENCE SHORT.

-Claudia