Panic! At The High School Chapter 6

We sat at lunch the next day just talking. Dallon ranted on about how Religion Theory should be a high school class here at Hillsman High because 'You never know if you're a Buddhist or not.'

Like what?!

I stared back at my peas and then scanned the room. I saw Patrick and his friends sitting a few tables away. They had a lot more people at their circular table than ours for sure. It was overpopulated with girls twirling their hair and trying to catch the guy's eyes.

Patrick looked over at me and rolled his eyes. I giggled and looked back at the mush that was lunch. I was really out of it until I heard a sweet voice say my name.

"Claire Bear." Said Ryan.

"Yes, Ryan?" I responded, mocking his child-like tone.

"You're coming to our practice tomorrow, right?" His face looked almost worried as if I could say no to his big eyes.

"Of course, guys."

Everybody gave small murmurs of approval.

"I'll drive you there." Brendon chimed in. He continued.

"That is, if you don't have a car or you are okay with me driving or-"

"I'd love that." I said and looked at Brendon with a small smile.

He was blushing and I thought it was the cutest thing. He is good at overanalyzing things.

--

After History with Dallon, we both walked to Experimental Music together.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"I think we are performing today." He replied enthusiastically.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"We do that sometimes. It's fun. You don't have to do it alone. It's alright." He said, comforting me.

He swung his long arm around my shoulders and I felt less tense under his touch.

We walked in -with me still under his arm- into the music room to find Ryan and Brendon laughing about something.

Brendon looked at me and then Dallon's arm. They both stopped laughing. Dallon immediately dropped his arm. Ryan sighed and said

"Vic is having us perform today."

"I was correct!" Dallon pumped his arm in the air and I laughed at him.

Spencer came rushing in 3 minutes later. After that, the whole group was seated.

Vic cleared his throat and stepped on the 'stage' in the center front of the room.

The 'stage' was just a really big wooden table but like a foot high so it worked. Whatever.

"As you know, we are performing today. Just like every night, your homework has been to listen to any music you want to, so you should have no problem deciding what to share with us." He said.

"I was unaware of this 'homework' Dallon!" I yell whispered as I leaned into the right side of his long torso.

"It's okay! Just listen!" He said, once again putting his arm around me.

"As always, you can do this solo, or in a group. You can either sing, or play an instrument." Said Vic, almost reciting the rules.

"Finally, you have ten minutes to find a group, or find a song. Ready.. Go!" He yelled.

I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I was nervous. I suddenly stood up, letting Dallon's arm fall. I looked at the guys who seemed surprisingly relaxed.