Panic! At The High School Chapter 19

Claire's POV:

"I'll be right back." I said to the group, getting up.

Brendon definitely didn't take the kiss with Ryan lightly. We were just doing what Hayley told us to do. I didn't freak out when he was making out with Dallon! It's Truth or Dare for heaven's sake.

I knocked lightly on his door and heard a quiet murmur, hoping it meant I could come in.

While pushing the door open, I was presented with a sheet covered Brendon, curled up in a ball on the bed.

I sighed.

"Brendon, it didn't mean anything. You know I like you."

"If you liked me, you wouldn't have kissed him!" He slowly came out of the sheet-ball and faced me. Hurt was the most dominate feature flashing across his face as he looked at me.

"It was a dare." I deadpanned.

"I suppose you're right. I'm sorry for overreacting, Claire. You're just really special to me and I don't want to lose you to Ryan."

"You won't. Now move over so I can consume your body heat!"

He raised the duvet and I climbed in, loving the feeling of his arms around mine. This felt like home.

-

Ryan's POV:

After that kiss, I was shocked, but expertly masked my excitement. Getting closer to Claire has always been my goal and I finally feel like we're getting somewhere.

My confidence boost was quickly shot down when Claire ran after Brendon, who was put in a sour mood after our little kiss. If she enjoyed the kiss like I did, why would she run after Bren? She probably just doesn't want to hurt his feelings. Brendon can be quite fragile at times.

After the pair disappeared for the night, the evening continued on with games and snacks. By the time everybody was getting ready for bed, Spencer had become quite comfortable with Hayley and Dallon was off in his own world.

-

Dallon's POV:

After making out with Brendon, nothing else seemed to really matter. My crush of nearly 5 years finally returned my affection. It was a kiss to stir up some girls, but a kiss nonetheless.

I couldn't ignore the constant tingling of my lips leading to the next following hours because Brendon Urie kissed me.

Brendon fucking Urie.

The boy who walked me home everyday after school since we were eight. The boy who was always there for me when we encountered imaginary pirates and wizards during the summer. The boy who my mother seemed to love more than me at times due to his charming looks and polite demeanor. That boy kissed me.

{vote and comment if you enjoyed}