Chapter 5

??? POV

"Leave now or we shoot."

"You ain't bout it."

"Wanna bet?"

Kayla POV

I just sat there. I needed to take all this in. These people are in a gang and they all have guns and I barely know any of them. How do I know they are telling the truth. How do I know Nova isn't the really bad guy in this. Just as my thoughts kept coming he cocked the gun.

"OKAY OKAY! I'll...I'll join." I stammered.

"Good choice," he said handing me the gun.

"Wha...what do I do with this?" I stuttered.

"Whatever I tell you to do with it." Nova said rolling his eyes.

"Nova do you mind if-"

"From now on you don't address me as Nova you address me as Boss." He interrupted me.

"Sorry...Boss. Do you mind if I tell my-"

"NO! What the fuck is wrong with you?! You tell no one. The only people who will know you are apart of this are everyone in that room and me." He yelled.

"But what if something happens to me. My family, well mom, will be worried sick." I argued.

"We're your family now. Can't trust nobody but us." He answered.

"Well what if someone says they're in the gang too?" I asked.

"Unless I tell you that someone else is in the gang and needs to communicate with you, assume that they are lying. The only people you can trust are me and everyone in that room." He repeated.

"Boss!" The cashier barged into the room.

"What?" He answered annoyed.

"Cam is outside. He got buddies." He said nervously.

"Fuck." He spat. Boss pull out another gun from his belt buckle and headed out the room. "Leggo." I heard him say as he left the room. I didn't know what to do but I wanted to know who Cam was. I got out of my seat and headed out the room. I watched from the back of the shop.

There was a lot of yelling and I heard people saying to leave. Then all of a sudden I heard gunshots. Lots and lots of them. I was scared. I saw Vassiah and Banji in front of the door firing what looked like Uzis. Teo was off to the side with a glock and Paris and Pierre had two guys at gun point.

"Aye leave now or we shoot." Paris yelled.

"You ain't bout it." The guy who I assumed was Cam.

"Wanna bet?" Pierre shot back. The two guys were breathing hard and were very sweaty. They looked not scared but I can't explain it.

"Aye T.V.O. we out!" He said gesturing everyone to leave. "We'll be back though." He said turning and getting in Nova's face.

Nova smacked him across the face with his pistol causing him to fall back. "Come on my block again you gonna lose more than just two men." He spat.

"Take them to the hole." Boss said to Paris and Pierre. They picked the guys up and forced them into the shop. I quickly ran back to the room Boss had me in then Paris and Pierre came in with the two guys. They had put hand cuffs on their ankles and wrists and sat them on opposite sides of the room. Paris pulled out tape and put it over their mouths.

"Kayla come with us." They both said in unison. I got up shocked and wondered what was going to happen to those guys.

Mateo POV

I watched as Boss knocked the shit out of Cam. Everyone just had to sit and watch I held up my glock as watched the other members. They all looked like the wanted to strike. Eventually the TVOS left and we walked back inside.

"Where's Kayla?" Nova said sounding pissed as hell.

"Right here." She responded shakily. I saw her watching through the window. She saw everything. I didn't want her to see me like that. At least not yet.

"Come on," He said with his voice furious as ever. She walked back into the room and he slammed the door behind them. Everyone stood there watching the door. Listening to try and understand what he was gonna do, to or with her.