Chapter 36

Kayla POV

As I walked I began to recognize where I was. It was Mateo's neighborhood, like where his mom lived.

I don't think he'd be there but might as well give it a shot.

I knocked on the door loud enough for him to hear, and then I heard shuffling behind the door. A series of locks were turned and finally the door opened, and little old mushroom head stepped out.

Mateo POV

Oh my godddddd! Why can't she just leave me alone! "What Kayla?!" I shouted after seeing it was her.

Her face scrunched up and she low key looked hurt. "Is that what we do now?" She asked.

I responded, "You're so damn clingy! What do you want now?"

She gaped at me confused and shook her head. "Damn Fade must've brainwashed you real good," she spoke.

"What are you talking about?" I said suddenly interested.

"Mateo you know none of this is real, you are in a coma right now and Fade is projecting your old life to you as if you're still alive. Their gonna take you off life support if you don't wake up Mateo. If you don't wake up, you'll really be dead."

I stared at her lost. I had truly lost my mind. I was really crazy. A crazy psychopath. I don't wanna be that. I don't.

"Well maybe that's what I'd rather be, dead." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"Mateo, no-"

"Kayla yes! I can't live like this anymore! I don't know what real and what's not. Hell you could be Fade trying to manipulate me," I sniffed, "I don't wanna do this anymore."

"Mateo listen to me it doesn't have to be like this it will get better you just have to-"

"Nothing is gonna get better! At the end of the day Imma still have these fucking voices in my head, at the end of the day I still raped a girl and killed my brothers, at the end of the day I still wanna die. I wanna die." I cried. I was being such a pussy but I don't care. I am so sick of looking in the mirror knowing I've done what I have done.

"Mateo if you want all this to go away you have to kill Fade." She said plainly.

"Great fucking idea Kayla now just how am I supposed to kill em?" I spoke sarcastically.

"I'm serious! If you kill him in your mind he'll be gone for good. If you kill yourself he follows you and at that point you'll never be able to get rid of him."

That part caught my attention, but I still don't know if I can trust who or what I am talking to. "I need a day to think about this-"

"There's no time Mateo we have to find Fade." She spoke quickly while yanking me outside.

I had a feeling that something bad was gonna happen. I don't know what yet, but it's gonna be bad.