Chapter 8

"I can't tell you the key to success ,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" ~~ Ed Sheeran

To say I was surprised would be Both a lie and the truth.

I was surprised that Devon was the one in the fight, but wasn't surprised he took part in that sort of thing.

After all we did meet in a ally way...not the best first impression if you tell me.

    "Can't they just settle it rather than fighting like toddlers" Danielle groaned annoyed at the traffic it was causing.

     "Ya I never understand why people choose to fight when the answer to there problems are" I said staring to think about why Devon was fighting.

"Enough of that depressing crap, let's think about what we're gonna do tonight instead" she said as we pulled into my drive way.

"OHHH I know dream about unicorns and rainbows filled with Damon Salvatore's and gum drops" i said while planning how to capture Damon Salvatore out of my tv.

"What did you eat today" she asked me while looking at me like I was crazy.

"Oh nothing much though I did eat four chocolate bars earlier"

"Ya that explains it" she said as we walked into my house.

"Heyyyyy don't sass me you diabolical hamster" I said while grabbing a broom and pointing it at her.

"Ok you really have gone insane now put the broom down and we will watch a movie ok" she said while slowly backing away which her hands up.

"I don't think so" I said , slowly inching towards her. "If you want to escape alive you must pay the price"

"What exactly would that be" she said while rounding the couch to make some distance between us.

"Giving up your right to the tv" I said making her drop her hands immediately.

"God no, you think I'm going to leave the hands of the tv to you, I'd rather die" that defiantly wasn't they right choice.

"I'm sorry I have to do this" I shook my head sadly knowing it wasn't going to be the same without her.

"AHHHHH" I screamed as I charged at her with my broom.

"Oh no you don't" she said as she dodged my attack.

"No I must defend my country" i said to myself.

" Your country, you mean the tv" she said while still on the other side of the couch.

"Same thing" I waved off ,while pointing my broom once agin at her.

Right as I was about to charge agin my dad walked in ruining what could have been one of the best victory's in history.

"Wow ,wow ,wow what is going on here" he laughed while taking the broom from me.

"I was just about to become a hero but you had to stop me. Now I'll never be able to return to my country I'll be a disgrace" I cried while wiping away my fake tears.

"Your country?" He asked while setting the broom against the wall.

"Yes and now I can never return" I said as he sat on the couch and picked up the remote.

"Hey what are you doing that's my country your dealing with" I said as he turned on the tv.

"That's what you two were going on about" he realized while laughing while I just blankly stared at him.

"Oh now come on you two it's not the end of the world, sit down and I'll chose what we watch".

" But Your probably gonna pick something boring" I complained but sat down as Danielle did anyways.

"You can pick after I catch up on some news how about that" he said while flipping to the news channel.

"Fine" me and Danielle both sighed.

"There has been multiple street fights that occurred this afternoon along with gang violence resulting in the death of Robert Taylor and Sean Moro. Though nothing has been confirmed on who caused their deaths this man is one of the suspects" the reporter said while showing the face of none other than Devon.

I almost choked on my spit when I saw his face. "Are you ok" my dad asked worriedly.

"Ya I'm fine" I said while trying to control my coughing.

I defiantly wasn't expecting that.

         ——————————————
I've been locked out of this account since I think June and the irony of it all since I promised updates and then got locked out😂. I am so amazed at how many reads this story has with all its flaws but grateful. I started this I think 2 or 3 years ago Maybe more and I hate the whole way I went about it. I get tons of comments about how she's like a 4 year old and complaining but if you don't like it then leave😂. I'm not forcing you to read though I also would rather her be slightly more mature than how I started off but still childish and I have my reasons but you'll have to wait and find out😏. I also I get a ton of things about
Devon's name and I am not stupid I know and might go back and change it. Also try to understand that when I started this book I was in 8th grade I think and now I'm in 10th. It's been a while and I didn't know what I was doing or how to even slightly write back then, not that I'm that good now but still. I'm going to try to keep updating this story and make it better but no promises❤❤❤