Chapter 14

"And I can be all the things you told me not to be. When you try to come for me, I keep on flourishing"-Ariana Grande

Devon

    It had been 5 days since she was taken and I hadn't believed it at first.

    After all why would they assume a random stranger would hold any power over me. It honestly made no sense as to how they would even know we had been in contact.

    But what I hadn't realized was this was bigger than just me and Ray. She was apart of something much bigger.

Her father was a very wealthy man known in my line of business and his daughter was greatly known. Well the idea of her anyways.

No one knew exactly who his daughter was but everyone new the story or the basis of it. The girl who survived. It all made sense now. Her innocence, her emotions, why they kidnapped her.

She was the girl though apparently she doesn't know it. Her father kept her in the dark never explaining the gap in her life she has come to forget. It was incredibly dumb when you think about it.

She's always in danger yet she never knows it because her father "doesn't want to hurt her" by telling her yet it's doing just that.

A day after I bashed in the mans skull who told me she was kidnapped and unless I handed myself over she would have to endure things worse than death her dad contacted me.

At that point I had thought it wasn't real after all she was just a girl I talked to twice and I wasn't going to hand myself over who did they think I was? An idiot signing his death sentence for a girl who may or may not be in their custody? Well they got the wrong guy.

But when Roman James contacted me about his daughter being kidnapped and he needed my help getting her back it all clicked. Ray was his daughter and she was the girl.

I wouldn't have agreed but one Roman James was a powerful man though I wasn't afraid I new it would cause me a hell of a lot of trouble. Two I wasn't willing to sacrifice myself for this girl but....there was something about her that when I found out she was actually kidnapped made my heart stop.

I couldn't just leave her their to die and I was apart of one of the best gangs in the United States meaning I had the recourses to get her out.

The only problem now was i couldn't just tell my guys "we're going to go risk our lives for this random girl" and her father made it clear I couldn't expose her identity.

I managed to convince them we were getting paid by a powerful man to rescue her even though we rarely do these type of things because we have enough money to run our gang times 5. This wasn't exactly lying either as her father agreed to pay us 5 million for her return.

And so we planned how we were going to rescue her. she was taken by an upcoming gang that called themselves "the cobras" which was very original (sarcasm intended).

They weren't very smart when covering their steps but still had a ton of men so getting her would have its ups and downs.

By day 4 we had sent people to scope out their place and knew exactly what room she was being held and how many men were in the house.

Today we were getting her. We already had a team going to the house along with some down the road in two different vehicles assuming they were going to try to move her the second they New we were on their tails.

I was in one of the cars waiting for them to move.

"Hey, Devon look" Daniel my second hand said as we saw a car speeding down the street.

Right as it passed I said "go" and we were speeding after them. At this point they were screwed, I knew they thought I was going to be in the house and they thought they could take me as leverage, but they sure as hell were wrong.

    Amateurs.

We finally corned them as they headed down a dead street. Why the hell they would decide to go down a fucking dead end street is crazy to me.

    They obviously hadn't thought this would happen.

    As the car came to a screeching hault immediately two of my men were out of our car with their guns raised.

   I laughed as the boy got out of the car shaking with his hands in the air.

   These men resembled children with how inexperienced they were. And putting a young man basically boy in charge of the car with their captive....not a mart choice. I got out the car and casually walked over to the man.

    "Please don't hurt me I-i didn't mean too" he said not being able to finish his sentence before he broke out in tears.

    "I'll give you two options. One you die or two you come with us and we'll decide whether you'll be an asset to us" I said offering the barley 18 year old the chance to save his life. I'm not a monster women and children are off limits and we could get some use out of this boy.

    Turn him into a man.

    He hesitated for a moment not wanting to betray his gang but nodded after realizing this was his best bet.

   "Take him to the car" I said and made my way over to the back doors of the car to find Ray.

    This damn girl has caused so much trouble.

   I found her laid in the back asleep with zip ties holding her wrists behind her back. I was surprised to see her in good shape and fresh clothes.

    After examining her I quickly cut the ties and picked her up careful not to jostle her as I made my way over to our car.

    "Let's go" I said as I got in the back of the car still holding Ray.

    She really was gorgeous. She looked so peaceful in this state. Any other time I had seen her had either been In tears or like she had just seen the devil.

   I don't blame her I wasn't exactly the type of guy most girls would want to bring home to mommy and daddy.

   I still wonder though, why she stopped that day. Was she really that stupid or....was their something else to this little kitten.

   All I know is I wanted to find out and I was definitely too selfish to let her go without finding out.

Hey guys thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.