FIN

Ivan

When I woke up a cacophony of different sounds bombarded my ears faster than I could process. Pans clashing together, the clinking of plates in a sink, a skillet sizzling. All sounds that couldn't possibly be coming from the small kitchenette of my hotel room I had been staying at for the past week or so. If I wasn't there, then where in the world was I?After a moment of confused pondering as to why I wasn't where I was supposed to be, memories of the night before flashed before me.

I had been in the U.S for a meeting, for usual nation things, and heard that Alfred was having a party after we were all done discussing things and what not. Of course I wasn't particularly invited to said get together, but since most of the other nations were going I figured I'd slip my way in for some free alcohol. So I did, and I believe I may have indulged upon the drinks a little too much. After drinking about enough vodka to hospitalize a human, I decided to give Amelia a call. And I guess after that I ended up at her house.

Slowly I rose up from the faded red couch I had been sleeping on and rolled my shoulders back lazily. Mentally I began to prepare myself for a most awkward morning. Silently I crept into the kitchen where Amelia was hard at work cooking breakfast. She didn't notice my presence there at first, so I cleared my throat in an attempt to grab her attention. Humming to herself, she turned her head towards my slouching, hungover figure.

"Well I see you're awake," she said smiling at me.

"Sit down, the foods gonna be done in a minute."

Nodding sheepishly, I walked over to the small wooden table in the center of the kitchen and slumped into a chair. We hadn't been together in so long, I didn't understand why she was being so kind to me. It didn't add up, she wouldn't be acting like this with me, not unless...

I shook my head to dismiss the thought. That couldn't have happened, why else would I be on the couch. My mind had always had a habit of drifting into the unfathomable realm when under pressure. Just as I was trying to come up with more reasonable possibilities as to why Amelia was being nice to me, a heaping pile of pancakes were plopped down before of me, stirring me from my thoughts.

"T-thank you..." I said shyly, looking down at the monstrous plate of food.

"Well I figured you'd need a little something to wake you up," again she beamed at me with her sparkly smile.

I gave her a confused half smile back and took a small bite of the gigantic carbohydrate infused piece of food so as not to seem rude. The air seemed to be static as we both sat there in completely unadulterated awkward silence.

"If you're wondering, no, we didn't have sex last night."

At her words I choked, blood immediately rushing to my cheeks. Leave it to her to be blunt about something...

She stared at my now shocked expression for a moment and then burst into her familiarly endearing laughter, pointing at my face almost accusingly.

"Oh my god Ivan!!! You look like a strawberry!" She said as she wiped a tear from her eye.

Not only was I at my ex's house, but I was being humiliated by her too. Still though, it had been forever since she'd cracked a joke with me, let alone laugh. I though she hated me after we ended it that night. Why was she being so welcoming now?

"Erm...Amelia...?" I asked softly as she and we began to regain our composures.

"Hm?"