Chapter 1

Mikan's eyes darted open to the sound of her father screaming at her to wake up. She sat up quickly with a whimper and got out of bed.

"I'm sorry!!" She whined, grabbing her clothes from a small pile that was on the floor.

Her dad slammed her door shut as he left the room, causing Mikan to jump a bit with fear.

She quickly got dressed and looked at her arm, realising she needed to replace her bandages. She ran into the bathroom and grabbed a first aid kit from a shelf above the toilet.

She opened the kit and took out bandages and a little scissors. She removed the dirty bandages from her arm and wrapped knew ones around her arm as quickly but as carefully as possible. She cut the end of her last bandage with the scissors so she could still have more bandages for her leg. She slowly took the bandages off her leg and replaced them.

She smiled at her work and put the scissors and bandages back in the kit then put them back on the shelf.

"MIKAN! GET DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" Her father screamed

Mikan squealed and ran downstairs quickly.

"Sorry! Sorry!!" She whimpered

"It's your first day back to the fuckin' hell that is your school.." her father said, drinking a beer he had in his hand "If you get yourself in trouble you're fuckin' dead.."

Mikan nodded quickly "Y-Yes.. I k-know.."

"And..if you do make friends..Well...let's face it...you won't...but if you do...they're not allowed come over.." her father stated "Ya got tha'?"

Mikan nodded quickly and stood there, waiting for her father to tell her to leave.

"Don't just stand there!! Leave!" Her father yelled, raising his beer bottle in the air, preparing to throw it

Mikan left quickly, as soon as she left the room she heard the sound of her dad's beer bottle smash against the wall. She jumped and went into the bathroom. She looked at herself and realised she looked like a mess. She grabbed a hairbrush that was stupidly placed on top of the toilet and she brushed her hair. She brushed it to her usual style then put the hairbrush down again.

She came out of the bathroom and went upstairs to get her school bag. After getting her bag she ran downstairs to leave for school.

"I'm going to school now!" She called

"You better be home right after school ends!! No ifs or buts!" Her father yelled in return

"O-Okay." She replied, leaving the house. She took a deep breath as she stood outside and walked her way to school.

As she went into the school she saw a bunch of people, around the same age as her, standing outside the office, talking to each other. She walked up to them, hoping that she'd be in at least one class with the rest of them.

"H-Hi." She stuttered looking at a pale, pinkish-haired boy

"You're Mikan Tsumiki right?" The boy asked

"U-Uh..yes." Mikan answered "H-How do you know my name?"

"The names of the people in our homeroom class are with the Secretary." The boy smiled "Now we're all getting our schedules."

"W-Wait..I'm late then?" Mikan asked with a squeal

"Not very." The boy answered "We were only waiting for about five minutes for you."

"O-Oh..I'm sorry.." Mikan replied, looking at her feet

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry!" The boy said, causing Mikan to dart her attention to him once again "I totally forgot to say who I was! Haha, silly me! I'm Nagito Komaeda!"