chapter 4

Mikan arrived home to an empty house. She let out a sigh of relief when she heard nothing but silence. She walked into the kitchen to find two letters on the table. One from her father and another just in a sealed envelope. She picked up the one from her father first, the handwriting was extremely sloppy but she'd just have to get over that fact and continue reading.

Hey Im goin out for a wile dont expekt me home
Ill prolly be back in a couple days so do whatever
But if anything gets broken your still fuckin dead..
Dad.

Mikan cringed after reading the note, the grammar and the spelling mistakes were terrible but she wasn't bothered too much. She decided -since she would be alone for a few days- to call over to Hajime's house since she noticed him walking into a certain house when they were running home from the park.
But first, she took the sealed envelope into her hand and opened it. She took a letter out and read it, she smiled as she saw the handwriting and instantly knew who it was from.

Hey Mikan!
So like, I've recently found out that I'll be attending HPA a little earlier than expected, so I'll be starting in like two months or something! I'll be coming to your area in about a month and I'll be in school once I've settled into the place I'm staying! And I found that I'm actually leaving in Febuary instead of arriving then!

Mikan frowned at that last line, but continued reading

So the day I get there isn't really specified yet but once I find out I still won't tell you because I want it to be a surprise ;)
Anyway~~~ I gtg now we're sorting out more stuff but I'll see you when I see you. Puhuhu~
~Junko.

Mikan folded the letter and put it into a drawer along with the letter from her father. Now it was time for her to call for Hajime.

She left her house and walked up the path until she reached the familiar house, which was the house she had seen Hajime run into. She walked up and knocked on the door lightly. About 30 seconds later someone opened the door. He was a tall-ish boy with long, black hair and red eyes.

"Um..hello?" He said with confusion "Who are you?"

"I-I'm h-here f-for H-Hinata.." Mikan managed to state

The boy raised an eyebrow and turned around.

"Hajime! Some girl's looking for you!!" He shouted up the stairs "It's not Ibuki!"

"Oh! I know who it is! Send her up!!" Hajime shouted back

The black-haired boy turned back to Mikan and moved in order for her to come in.

"He's upstairs, second room on the right." The boy stated

"O-Okay." Mikan stuttered "A-Also, my name is M-Mikan Tsumiki."

"I do not care for introductions." The boy scoffed "They bore me...but in order to 'socialise more', like my parents want, I will tell you my name. I am Izuru."

Mikan nodded in responce "I-It's nice to mee-

"Just go up to Hajime.." he interuppted, walking into another room

Mikan squealed and walked upstairs to Hajime's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in Tsumiki!" Hajime called

Mikan opened the door and walked inside "H-Hi." She smiled

"Hey." He smiled back "You're not in trouble?"

"My dad isn't even home." Mikan giggled "He won't be home for a few days according to a note he left for me."

"Well that's good then." Hajime replied, he was sitting on his bed and he pat a spot next to him, telling Mikan to sit.