chapter 3

Mikan was walking to school when a voice called her name. It was Hajime. She looked at him and smiled as he walked over to her.

"I didn't know you lived around here!" Hajime stated with a smile
"I-I-I've lived here all my life." Mikan replied "I-I just don't go outside much."

"Ah, right." Hajime responded "Yeah, I know some people like that. Don't worry."

After Hajime said that there conversation turned into an awkward silence.

"S-So..um..Hinata." Mikan finally spoke up "H-How long have y-you and Komaeda b-been in a r-relationship?"

"Since the last year of primary school." Hajime stated "And since my parents are pretty loaded..they let me go to Hope's Peak..so I could see Komaeda every day."

"T-That was n-nice of them." Mikan smiled

"Yeah." Hajime said

Their conversation ended there, it was short and awkward. And it made the journey to school uncomfortable.
They got to the school and said goodbye to each other as Mikan walked into the Ultimate Course and Hajime walked into the reserve course.

As soon as Mikan walked in she was greeted by Nagito.

"Hey Tsumiki." Nagito grinned

"H-Hi N-Nagito" she greeted

"Mioda is waiting inside for us." Nagito stated, walking faster

"O-Okay." Mikan mumbled, catching up with him

"You know..I don't understand why you'd want to be friends with trash like me.." Nagito said, walking inside "I'm really nothing important."

"Dude..." Ibuki replied, trying not to let her smile drop "Can you not right now? Ibuki's had enough of that talk."

"He talks like this a lot?" Mikan asked with a tilt of her head

Ibuki nodded "Ibuki doesn't like it. Neither does Hinata-kun. But Komaeda-san just keeps calling himself trash, worthless and other stuff."

"K-Komaeda.." Mikan murmured "I-I know I don't really know you but...don't say that stuff.."

"It's okay Tsumiki." Nagito smiled "I don't say it as much anymore."

"So guys.." Ibuki started "Since attendance isn't really needed in this school up until the exams...why don't we just go hang out somewhere? We can bring Hinata-kun along!"

"Haven't you forgot?" Nagito asked "We can get away with no attendance because of our talents. Reserve course students can't just leave."

"Well let's just make him ditch then!" Ibuki suggested "he could come in tomorrow and say he wasn't feeling well!"

"I-I guess.." Nagito replied "But should we be doing that?"

"Ibuki doesn't see any reason wrong with it." Ibuki stated, she then looked at Mikan "Do you see anything wrong?"

"W-Well...it's the first week" Mikan answered "...they won't have p-proper classes until next week...r-right?"

"Yup!" Ibuki responded

"T-Then I...I see no harm in hanging out together." Mikan stated

"Fine!" Nagito sighed "But not on school grounds!"

Ibuki nodded then pointed to Nagito "Tell us where Hinata-kun will be!"

Nagito sighed again and they walked to the reserve course to find Hinata. As they walked up the reserve course steps they bumped into a girl from their homeroom class. Her name was
Mahiru Koizumi. The red-head with the camera.